1. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    @melongun what i meant by unplugged was removed switched it off and unplugged it to put on my nintendo switch.
    @KiiWii my mistake there. what i meant was exploit+hen

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i did try the same. that is lloading exploit + hen and then loading the ToDex. same thing happens to me as well.
    did it have to do with something i did when i turned off and unplugged my ps4? cause before that the system was working just fine.
    earlier i did have the ce-30391-6 error problem. but for that i used to run leeful v10 exploit+hen for spoofing as i have a psvr. then go to al azif to load mira. then again to al azif to load ToDex. things were just running fine.

KiiWii likes this.
  2. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @KiiWii Well, then it's absolutely comprehensible to test further. It's not just about the kernel exploit itself like you told someone else here. Other aspects like (sort of) mandatory apps and so on have to be kept in mind.

@vivekanand Hm, i can only do assumptions. Mentioning you unplugged the ps4, sounds a bit suspicious. I guess it can do some harm if you unplug the ps4 from electric current, too early. Correct if i'm wrong @KiiWii , but i noted if you shut down the ps4 it sometimes just seems it's powered off, where in fact there's some shut down process ongoing. You can hear the hdd working if there's no other noise. Could the internal hdd may be corrupted therefore? One thing i would try (but please, ask here before trying this) is to wipe the internal hdd and re setup the whole system.
    Another thing which really wonders me ... why do you need this ToDEX thing? As far as i understand its offering some more debugging stuff.

EDIT: ... the heck ... reading other sources it seems more and more, the system clock of the system is reset and didn't successfully update. Was your ps4 connected to the internet? Did you check to block all necessary IP listing in the first post of this thread? Hell ... the error name behind the code: "SCE_LNC_UTIL_ERROR_DEVKIT_EXPIRED = -2137784309" ... makes me suspicious. "Devkit expired" ... does someone know how the time on the PS4 is managed? I guess there's some battery charging a little CMOS. If that has been reset by accident ...

Last edited by melongun, Nov 23, 2020
    vivekanand and KiiWii like this.
  3. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    @melongun i had shut down the ps4 atleast and hour or two before doing so. i was sure that the ps4 was shut off before turning off its power. this kind of thing never happened before. now i curse that moment. as for the disc drive, i think it is running ok as i loaded one of my game cds (eagle flight) into it and it did detect it properly and did the pre installation of the game. i did used to get the ce-30391-6 error on all my games so i also did the ToDex exploit. but now i cannot find a solution to the other error.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

about the clock, the system clock always used to reset to 1-1-1970 or something. but the exploits did used to run even without adjusting the time and date. this i noticed as i sometimes used to forget resetting it back to current time. so later on i just didnt bother doing it anymore as my games just ran smoothly with the exploits. now i even tried resetting the date and time manually and still the error.

KiiWii likes this.
  4. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Hmm if your clock is constantly 1970 (epoch) there is a deeper issue.

peteruk and vivekanand like this.
  5. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Woah! There we are! Well at least some sneaking suspicion is coming closer. Time 1-1-1970 means 0 (yes zero) by the unix timestamp. Exactly this, happens if the battery isn't charging some chip anymore, which is responsible for continuously counting those seconds, since this exact moment. Therefore your time did 'reset' back. So now i'm out of ideas. Either you have to change this battery or there's something (hopefully not) wrong with the circuits. At least that would explain somehow the error and it's name containing 'DEVKIT_EXPIRED'. @KiiWii Just to combine this and correct me if i'm wrong ... those 'devkits' ... they are used to build software for the ps4. Those devkits should have some timed version string. Now software says: 'Hi i'm brand new, from this year!', but ps4 says 'Sorry, what did you say? I'm from the last century!' both sides won't work together.

vivekanand likes this.
  6. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    @melongun so you suspect some hardware issue regarding this? i mean changing the cmos battery or something of that sort? isnt there some other way to go around this?

7. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @vivekanand Well that's hard to tell. As i said, may be the CMOS battery is broken, or some 'blue ray disc' thing just causes your system to say 'Nope! I'm newborn! The whole time!'. Currently i don't have a soild clue for this issue, or the be more precisely i wouldn't give any hints, which lead to brick your ps4 completely.

vivekanand likes this.
  8. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    @melongun devkits/testkits have afv licences that expire after say 90 days. After that most features are disabled. Running hen on testkit (at least) “hacktivates” the console to work just fine. I’m assuming something has gone awry here and the clock is forcing the error for @vivekanand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @KiiWii hmm .... could he still be able to somehow set the system clock to a current value? This way he could also check if the clock resets after a reboot. Then it should be certain the cmos battery is broken.

Oh btw @vivekanand ... i'm feeling really sorry for you especially because you mentioned your kid. I just can imagine how sad he must be and this frustrating situation for you :( ... i know how hard this can be.

vivekanand likes this.
  10. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    You can set the kernel clock using reactpsplus, but idk if it’s been updated for 6.72 yet...

11. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Doesn't seem so. Well just by the coincidence we are talking about clocks ... it's night time here and i'm getting tired.
    @vivekanand As a plan
    - If you are somehow able to boot up the ps4 (don't start any game), try to set the system time
    - Then again power off your ps4 and unplug it (for two hours or so like you mentioned before)
    - Start your ps4 again. Check the date. Is it 1-1-1970 again?
    - Before using Hen, update the system TIME to now
    - then try Hen
    - report here

vivekanand likes this.
  12. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    alright. will just try that and report here.

had just started my ps4 which i had earlier shut down without exploiting.
    the date and time showed the local time.
    restarted my ps4 and checked again. still the same.
    shut down my ps4 and this time shut off the power, removed the power cable and discharged the system by beeping on the power button until no more beeps were heard.
    plugged it back. turned on the power and started the system.
    system now shows a time of 1-1-1970 and 05:30 am.
    time here is now 03:30 am.
    now set the time right and have shut down the system. turned off the power and unplugged. did not discharge the system this time.
    now will reboot in the morning and check if the settings still remain.

Last edited by vivekanand, Nov 23, 2020
  13. Ballbag

Ballbag Newbie
    Newcomer

Hi Centrino here, I managed to fix my rtc clock.
    Because I'm able to revert, I switched to my 8.00 syscon and sflash. Then signed into psn.
    Set clock using Internet.
    Turned the ps4 off.
    Reverted back to 6.72...clock fixed

susi91, vivekanand and KiiWii like this.
  14. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    wow!!! how is that possible. by 8.00 you mean your ps4 is on fw 8.00 right. is it possible to downgrade?

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Afaik, yes, but you have to make preparations on 6.72 first.

vivekanand and KiiWii like this.
  16. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    @godreborn just googled it. it seems some sort of a hard mod requiring soldering skills. am only good with marine machineries. will have to upgrade my skills to soldering and circuit tracing. but would really like to know the procedure in detail for now if you can direct me to a comprehensive tutorial.

17. Ballbag

Ballbag Newbie
    Newcomer

Not for the faint hearted. And not just solder. Hot air too

Attached Files:

18. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    @Ballbag thanks a lot. for me it seems like nuclear device. i dont even have the idea of the materials required over there but i will google it. hope so we get those here in india at some reasonable price. just a question out of curiosity.....if such downgrading is possible then can we expect a CFW soon?

KiiWii likes this.
  19. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    cfw = probably never. we're simply bypassing the security, not defeating it. that's why the system has to just about everything for us.

vivekanand likes this.
  20. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    peteruk and danfozzy85 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide