Hacking AHHHHH MY 3DS

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so basically, I fucked up. I was looking at a video on how to get CFW on a NEW 3DS XL. There was this step where i needed to install and delete all cia files. It didnt work and I tried redoing the whole process a few times. Nothing worked : /. I was talking to some people yesterday and they gave me a tourtial on 3ds.hacks.guide. I was about to do it so I put the sd card into my computer and deleted all the files I didnt need. (kept the photos file and NINTENDO 3DS obviously) I tried turning it on and some blue light kept flashing. I put the files on again and it stayed on that first screen of the hack. entering the combo keys
But i reliazed he was doing it on a new 2ds. What if i get the 3ds files from github? will that work? By the way! Can anyone extract the folder and send me the files on discord? my mac cant extract it. Thanks! discord: Vanna#7842

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The New2ds is identical in software therms to the New3DS/New3DS XL, so no problems on that matter.
In hardware they're diferent for obvious reasons.

My advice will always be not to follow video tutorials for hacking your console as they get outdated pretty fast.
What should I do?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you followed a guide to the point where the 3DS won't boot after removing files on the SD card, you may already have b9s installed. It requires having certain files on the SD in order to boot. I think you need boot.firm in the root of the SD card or something , but I honestly don't remember. I recommend looking at 3ds.guide where it tells you to download and move luma3ds to the correct folder, that might be all you need to do.

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesnt matter but you'll need a flashcart that has b9s already flashed onto it.
got discord? we can talk on there

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you followed a guide to the point where the 3DS won't boot after removing files on the SD card, you may already have b9s installed. It requires having certain files on the SD in order to boot. I think you need boot.firm in the root of the SD card or something , but I honestly don't remember. I recommend looking at 3ds.guide where it tells you to download and move luma3ds to the correct folder, that might be all you need to do.
ok

holy shit thanks mate. BOOT cant believe i didnt notice LOL!

ay mate still need some help. When I put boot.firm and turned on my device it was normal. I got sys in front of the version so i thought it was good. when i was going to enter FBI threw download play it just said some error and random messages?? help im really fucking trash at this

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Unfortunately I don't know much beyond what I told you - following the guide always worked for me. At least it boots now though, that's a pretty significant improvement.

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I don't know much beyond what I told you - following the guide always worked for me. At least it boots now though, that's a pretty significant improvement.
Yeah thats really good. But here's the problem. I got it all under control but this happened. There is this part where I modify download play and turn it into the homebrew channel. I went to go install and delete cias and that where this error occurred. I dont know what the problem is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."