Hacking AGB_FIRM, Gateway & N3DS issue

Inflameslol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hihi all. I've been googling for about an hour and I thought I should make a thread in the meantime in search of help with my issue.

I followed Rikus thread and successfully installed AGB_FIRM after patching it
(boot gateway menu, boot gateway into sysnand, load FBI, removed the correct title then proceeded to set NAND and installed the .cia - was successful)

I then downloaded a premade .cia gba game aswell as made my own with his tools

Then I installed the .cia games to sysnand with FBI (also tried title manager)

after that I booted into emunand and installed them there since I read i have to double install when im unlinked

my issue here is all i'm getting is a blackscreen after launching gba games and Im forced to reset manually by holding the power button down

Does anyone know what i might've missed or what's causing it from not working?

Extra info:

Im on sysnand 9.0 on N3DS, and my emunand is 9.4 or 9.5

cheers.

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, that's normal, gba VC games are not compatible with the gateway (I don't know why but they're not).

I sent them an email about this last week and they answered they'll think about it for a next update... So, maybe... SOON™

Reactions: impulseADH and Azel

Inflameslol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ouch. ok.

what's my best bet on a n3ds 9.0 to play GBA currently? mgba doesnt run gba games (the ones i want to play anyway) that well

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can let the gba vc games you installed on both your sysnand and emunand, they will work with Reinand CFW. This CFW allows GBA VC games to be played ;)

Inflameslol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can let the gba vc games you installed on both your sysnand and emunand, they will work with Reinand CFW. This CFW allows GBA VC games to be played

Can I install reinand cfw when I already use gateway emunand? i would not like to lose any data just to play gba

Inflameslol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All CFWs use the same emuNAND. If you use ReiNAND or cakes or Gateway they will all use the same emuNAND so you won't lose any data.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't been around the scene for a good 7-9 months.
I've found multiple tutorials on installing rsxtools/reinand i just dont know which part to start at because it seems from reading that im doing fresh installs on the whole mSD card

I'll read up more to be sure of what im doing before i proceed with anything.

Do you suggest reinand aswell being a N3DS user with gateway (sys 9.0, emu 9.4-5) ? Goal is just to do GBA since gateway can already do the rest.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I see. Thanks for clearing that up. I haven't been around the scene for a good 7-9 months.
I've found multiple tutorials on installing rsxtools/reinand i just dont know which part to start at because it seems from reading that im doing fresh installs on the whole mSD card

I'll read up more to be sure of what im doing before i proceed with anything.

Do you suggest reinand aswell being a N3DS user with gateway (sys 9.0, emu 9.4-5) ? Goal is just to do GBA since gateway can already do the rest.
ReiNand is the simplest so yeah probably go with it. Follow any tutorial you find (there's one called installing CFW on n3ds without CN or OoT) but just skip any part that tells you to format emuNAND with emunand9 or the Gateway menu.

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually it's quite simple if you already have gw emunand set up, just put the reinand folder and the right *.dat on your sd card, the firmware.bin matching reinand version (can be found on reinand's github page) and use ctr boot manager to choose if you launch gw / reinand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.