1. Emenaria

OP Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I decided to sell my New 3DS XL because I don't use it anymore, plus I think I could use Citra if I ever wanted to play a 3DS game again.

I uninstalled Boot9Strap, then I realized I can't open system settings or the keyboard. I think this happened because I installed a custom keyboard a few years ago and forgot to revert it to the original before uninstalling Boot9Strap.

Updating in Recovery mode(holding A+R+L+Up on boot) doesn't work since I'm already on the latest firmware(11.13.0-45J).
    Seedminer/Frogminer doesn't work either because I can't use the keyboard.

I'm guessing that the only way to fix this issue is to use NTRBoot. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a Gateway Blue and an R4i 3DS Revolution, but unfortunately, neither of the flashcarts seems to work on firmware 11.13.0-45J. I get an error when launching them. So, I just ordered an Ace3DS Plus, which appears to be the cheapest flashcart that supports NTRBoot.

Assuming I've successfully reinstalled Boot9Strap using Ace3DS Plus, what should I do to revert the keyboard to the original?

Last edited by Emenaria, Aug 12, 2020
    Shadow#1 likes this.
  2. TurdPooCharger

United States
    alexander1970 likes this.
  3. dwain12435

dwain12435 GBAtemp's Unofficial EarthBound Maniac

United States
    You can correct this issue if you re-install CFW, delete System Settings and the keyboard using FBI, and then update. (The update will still fix your 3DS even if you are on the latest version.) If you want to, you can uninstall CFW again after this and your 3DS will work perfectly fine.

Last edited by dwain12435, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Emenaria

OP Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    So after 2 weeks of waiting, my Ace3DS Plus finally arrived and I've successfully reinstalled Boot9Strap with NTRBootHax.
    That worked, thank you!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - uninstalling, Boot9Strap, settings