Homebrew Can't open the system settings or the keyboard after uninstalling Boot9Strap

Zoskiethewiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so, I was getting used to using hiyaCFW for my DSi XL but since I had 1 sd card at the time (yesterday) I was trying to get out of boot9strap because I thought some of the files for my DSi and my files for my 3DS mixing together was going to be a problem. So I unistalled boot9strap. Then thought nothing of it for half a minute until I wanted to go to system settings to change my wifi settings because I couldn't access my browser because of my hotspot password changing. It stood in a black screen for like 5 minutes I thought it was the side effect of uninstalling boot9strap for the second time but when I tried it again it would not work. I saw a previous thread about this but that one was about 2 years old and I'm not thinking of following a old thread. TL.DR I can't open the settings because I think my custom keyboard caused it. Oh yeah- my firmware is 11.10 and steel diver is uninstalled.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you modified any system titles, they will not work without signature patches. If you can't access System Settings because of it, you may need to get an ntrboot-compatible cart to fix the issue.

Reactions: Quantumcat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this whole week has been everyone deleting StreetPass Mii Plaza or something stupid with the system font.

Your custom keyboard is not compatible on open firmware because it doesn't have legit ticket. The only way to fix this is with ntrboot using R4i Gold 3DS Plus (www.r4ids.cn) [highly recommended]. If you can't afford that $20 flashcart, the cheapest (but shitty) option are the R4iSHDC series (www.r4isdhc.com); the DSi XL will be required to flash ntrboot on it.

Edit - You might be able to reflash ntrboot if the touchscreen can launch the flashcart from HOME Menu.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thinks like this thread or this one:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...nload-and-play-app.527796/page-2#post-8619542
can happen when uninstalling B9S.

As good as the safety test is, it does not ensure there are no leftovers or "smaller" problems – other than a full brick.

Just for the record – The files for DSi and for 3DS do not interfere with each other and B9S is installed on the console, not the SD. And where is the problem with temporary storing the contents of the SD on a computer when wanting to use the SD in another device?

I have learned why because I tried using the ds download play to transfer my wifi settings to my 2ds. Then it booted to japanese flipnote/flipnote lenny.
If Flipnote Studio is still there… this might actually be helpful. Maybe you can reinstall B9S with the Flinote exploit and Frogtool.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Zoskiethewiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Flipnote Studio is still there… this might actually be helpful. Maybe you can reinstall B9S with the Flinote exploit and Frogtool.
Hey, you're probably right about reinstalling it. I can also get something I needed done while I'm at it! Are you sure I won't need any of the other files for boot9strap though? (I really don't want to brick this)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night