After choosing a NES core in Retroarch...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jwitz, Nov 27, 2014.

  1. jwitz
    OP

    jwitz GBAtemp Regular

    Member
    170
    10
    Jun 16, 2014
    I go into the settings and try to change the resolution, but the screen messes up and corrupts when going through the different options. If I quit Retroarch, my home brew channel has this orange tint and everything is slower. Restarting solves this. Any idea what's going on?

    I took a picture:


    http://imgur.com/WL5aWX3
     
  2. Silentsurvivor

    Silentsurvivor Banned

    Banned
    249
    115
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    This happens to me too. This and the fact RA doesn't save resolution settings made me just stop using it, save for emulators that aren't available otherwise.

    In my experience, it happened randomly, but make sure you didn't mess with the "crop overscan" option. When I changed that this started happening. I suggest you delete the .cfg files and start it fresh.
     
  3. SuperrSonic

    SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

    Member
    658
    216
    Dec 9, 2011
    This has happened to me many times in the past, the problem starts once the core is loaded though, RGUI's colors stay the same for some reason but scroll through the options and you'll notice that it is indeed slower. The core that usually got this problem was fceumm like the op states despite all the cores using the same method of loading.

    Simple fix would be to load the .dol through WiiXplorer or something similar. I've been using the more recent unofficial builds and haven't encountered the problem so I can't say for sure if it's fixed now but it looks like it. So yeah I think the problem starts the moment you select the core to load and not in any random area.

    Crop overscan shouldn't be the cause, I've had this problem in 0.9.9, before that feature was implemented.

    That's a good shot of the problem if you'd like you should post this in the libretro forums, but there is a chance the problem is gone in the latest source.