Homebrew AES key scrambler

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yep, the other firmware things should all still be on the CDN. OTP dumping is super hard currently, though. The downgrade effectively requires a hardmod on N3DS. On O3DS, you'll still have a bad time finding a 2.1 dump with browser (if you want to ARM9 from browser; else you can just use cubic ninja).
i guess a non-hardmod required method for N3DS would be nice ? ^^

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, the other firmware things should all still be on the CDN. OTP dumping is super hard currently, though. The downgrade effectively requires a hardmod on N3DS. On O3DS, you'll still have a bad time finding a 2.1 dump with browser (if you want to ARM9 from browser; else you can just use cubic ninja).

"That" site doesn't seem to have a dump of <3.0 for any region other than EUR.

Anyways this is pretty interesting stuff and I wouldn't mind taking the plunge and downgrading to dump OTP when this stuff matures a bit.

Suiginou

(null)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nah, shouldn't help, since the critical part, native_firm works in all regions from that thread on the site
The non-critical part is the browser, since that's the only way you'll get your foot in other than Cubic Ninja. And that needs to be exactly 2.1 with NATIVE_FIRM 2.1.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my nand modded N3DS could take advantage of this at one point then? Or is a different wiring job needed? I own Cubic Ninja and a Gateway card btw.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
That'd require figuring out how to do downgrades from ARM9 since you'd need to simultaneously re-encrypt the CTRNAND, install downgraded system titles and change firm0/firm1.
nope, you're looking at the question from a too narrow angle, i can't saddly give more details as of yet, but in theory (as in has yet to be attempted), a method exists to bypass a nand mod for the whole process (downgrade + nand restore)

Last edited by capito27,

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how to get a downgraded N3DS nand to work to dump your OTP? I haven't seen anyone explain how it works. I'm not asking for a tutorial obviously (I'd never be able to do it in the first place unless I have a hardmod and knowledge), just an explanation on how it even works. AFAIK you can't modify your nand without bricking/unsigning it so I dunno how you'd get an o3ds firmware on n3ds

Last edited by Psi-hate,

AHP_person

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain how to get a downgraded N3DS nand to work to dump your OTP? I haven't seen anyone explain how it works. I'm not asking for a tutorial obviously (I'd never be able to do it in the first place unless I have a hardmod and knowledge), just an explanation on how it even works.
An o3ds firm is only meant to work on an o3ds, so, with that in mind, you need to try to fool firm. It'll try to setup using o3ds info. Once you get 1.0/2.0/2.1 to boot, you can gain code exec through mset, cubic ninja, or the old browser and dump otp to a file.

Reactions: kiwiis

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone explain how to get a downgraded N3DS nand to work to dump your OTP? I haven't seen anyone explain how it works. I'm not asking for a tutorial obviously (I'd never be able to do it in the first place unless I have a hardmod and knowledge), just an explanation on how it even works. AFAIK you can't modify your nand without bricking/unsigning it so I dunno how you'd get an o3ds firmware on n3ds

Let's not jump the gun on this one just yet. If you thought people bricking their systems with something relatively simple (to the end-user) was bad, there's surely going to be a ton of bricks resulting from this one. Hopefully this doesn't discourage them from release as it would be nice to be able to ditch the relatively unstable Menuhax and achieve a permanently exploitable SysNAND on latest versions :P

Last edited by kiwiis,
Reactions: Vappy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt