Hardware Advice on hard brick

Fapdragoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I hacked my european N3ds xl a few months ago. I unlinked the NANDs, put reiNAND on the emuNAND and had the sysNAND on 9.2, but recently I noticed some things had started to go wrong, so i decided to switch to luma.

I followed this guide, although I was transferring files over LAN instead of using an adaptor, and it was going fine. I got to the part about moving the emuNAND to the sysNAND, and I couldn't get hourglass to name the emuNAND backup NAND_emu.bin, only minNAND_emu.bin, but I assumed it wasn't a problem and carried on. I then selected sysNAND restore (keep a9lh) and it went fine. I restarted the 3ds and it looked like it had worked, the theme and games from my emunand all showed up.

I copied all the files on my sd card to my pc over lan again, then rebooted and went into EmuNAND9. I followed the instructions and pressed Format SD (No EmuNAND), then turned off my 3ds, with the intention of going back into system settings and copying all the files back onto the SD.

HOWEVER, when I turn it on now the blue light turns on, then goes off after about a second. The screen won't turn on or anything. I can't figure out what I've done.

I've tried without the SD card, I've tried booting into recovery mode, but nothing works.

I am prepared to hardmod, but I was wondering if there's anyway for me to recover it without it. And if I do have to hardmod, should i flash the sysNAND backup or the emuNAND backup?

Thanks in advance

Fapdragoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If I remember correctly I put arm9loaderhax into luma3ds/payloads, but then I had to format the SD card so its not on there right now. I did backup the entire SD card first though

If I put all the files back on the SD card do you suppose it'll work?
arm9loaderhax.bin needs to be in the root of the SD card. Payloads like decrypt9, emunand9, hourglass9, ect go in the payload folder.

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi

I hacked my european N3ds xl a few months ago. I unlinked the NANDs, put reiNAND on the emuNAND and had the sysNAND on 9.2, but recently I noticed some things had started to go wrong, so i decided to switch to luma.

I followed this guide, although I was transferring files over LAN instead of using an adaptor, and it was going fine. I got to the part about moving the emuNAND to the sysNAND, and I couldn't get hourglass to name the emuNAND backup NAND_emu.bin, only minNAND_emu.bin, but I assumed it wasn't a problem and carried on. I then selected sysNAND restore (keep a9lh) and it went fine. I restarted the 3ds and it looked like it had worked, the theme and games from my emunand all showed up.

I copied all the files on my sd card to my pc over lan again, then rebooted and went into EmuNAND9. I followed the instructions and pressed Format SD (No EmuNAND), then turned off my 3ds, with the intention of going back into system settings and copying all the files back onto the SD.

HOWEVER, when I turn it on now the blue light turns on, then goes off after about a second. The screen won't turn on or anything. I can't figure out what I've done.

I've tried without the SD card, I've tried booting into recovery mode, but nothing works.

I am prepared to hardmod, but I was wondering if there's anyway for me to recover it without it. And if I do have to hardmod, should i flash the sysNAND backup or the emuNAND backup?

Thanks in advance
If you formatted the SD card with Emunand9 to get rid of the emunand partition, you'll have to copy over the files/folders that you backed up via LAN.
But you'll have to do it on the PC (copy ALL back to SD) because you deleted them all on the SD when you got rid of the partition and you can't use LAN while running payloads, to put them back.

Yes, you have to remove your SD from the console and them put it back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7