Homebrew Advice! Gimme some!

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've seen the long list of emulators that work on the DS, and I'm pretty impressed. I assume new versions of the software come out pretty frequently, so I'd like to get a little advice on which versions to try running. I have a CycloDS Evo with 1.41, and I'm really only interested in running NeoGeo and SNES

I'd like to hear which software + version you are running and how well it's working for you. I'd like to stay away from testing 40 different emulators if possible, pretty sure the life of my SDHC / CycloDS would hate me for that.

Thanks in advance
smile.gif

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
NeoDS is the only Neo Geo emulator around, the latest version is 2.0. There's no reason to use an older version, it's only gotten better.

For the most part, SNEmulDS is the SNES emulator you should be using, its latest version is 0.6 WIP 2. You may wish to use that version or 0.6 alpha depending on a couple of minor things; WIP 2 will shut sound off on an original DS if you hit the button to turn off the screen, and if you prefer to play on the bottom screen you have to keep switching screens any time you want to change settings (0.6 alpha lets you use the touch screen even when the buttons are on the top screen). On the other hand, WIP 2 will go easier on your batteries. Also, some games will work better in older versions than in either of these, and some will work better in SnezziDS than in SNEmulDS, but usually SNEmulDS should be preferred.

But don't expect to play Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, or any other games with special chips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.