Advice for updating to 9.0

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What is the space I will need on the USB for: the exploit, and the update itself?
How big are games on average, and will I be able to use a portable hard drive with the PS4 for games? Is it just copy/paste games to the hard drive or is there another process required?
How long does the exploit take each time it's turned on? (I won't be using standby for energy reasons/bills etc)

Also I was a bit unclear on this: '
If using other hosts (LEEFUL/PRB/KARO etc) you may have already auto loaded GoldHen, if not: using Alazif's DNS,
Run BIN LOADER for 9.00 > send the latest GOLDHEN *.BIN to your PS4's IP address and port 9020 using Netcat GUI.' Not sure how to send with Netcat, Is there a good video tutorial anyone could recommend?

Tomtani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youtuber Modded Warfare is the best. Watch his video for jailbreaking a ps4 on firmware 9.0. His other videos will answer all of your questions. He will be your teacher.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the space I will need on the USB for: the exploit, and the update itself?

That's just a couple of megabytes.

How big are games on average, and will I be able to use a portable hard drive with the PS4 for games? Is it just copy/paste games to the hard drive or is there another process required?
10GB ~ 40GB

You'll need to install them and then they'll available on your PS4's internal or external HDD.

How long does the exploit take each time it's turned on? (I won't be using standby for energy reasons/bills etc)
It used to take a 30s to 1min to me before, but now it's pretty quick with GoldHEN 2.2. Open the browser, message shows up, insert the USB, and then it's unlocked.

Reactions: azakhan

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Also I was a bit unclear on this: '
If using other hosts (LEEFUL/PRB/KARO etc) you may have already auto loaded GoldHen, if not: using Alazif's DNS,
Run BIN LOADER for 9.00 > send the latest GOLDHEN *.BIN to your PS4's IP address and port 9020 using Netcat GUI.' Not sure how to send with Netcat, Is there a good video tutorial anyone could recommend?
The update PUP is almost 500MB, If you're using a small USB flash drive I'd recommend installing the update, then deleting the update from your USB drive and using it as the exploit drive which has the exfathax.img burnt to it.

Average game size is very difficult to say. AAA games can be huge, upwards of 80GB, where other smaller indie titles can be a few hundred MB.

You need a separate USB Stick capable of holding your PS4.PKG, probably 128GB would be more than enough to install even the most available games & you'll need a good sized HDD (I run a 1TB and haven't filled it, have about 20 games installed currently). The PS4 will read the PKG you have on the root directory of the USB stick when you go to package installer on the debug menu, and will install it from there onto your external HDD or your Internal HDD depending on where you've got games set to install on your PS4 settings.

Times must be hard if standby on the PS4 is a concern with costs :rofl: but yeah, asMarc_LFD mentioned it takes a little while on first time setup, bookmarking the host and learning what you're doing. Then it'll take about 30 seconds to a minute each time you want to reload Goldhen. Not much time at all.

I've never bothered to send my own payload to the PS4. All you need is Al-Azif's DNS to block PS4 updates and you'll be fine to trigger the exploit from Leeful, Kameleon, or any other host site you want easily.

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a 2T ssd and tried installing ps4 pkg's from that, and it worked. The HUGE advantage is it only takes 60 seconds to copy an 80G file onto it, wheras the usb sticks I used all copied from pc to stick at measly 15M speeds, taking an hour or more (COD took 2 hrs).
A 500G external SSD (I got the sandisk exteme portable) would be big enough.

DebianLoriX

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Italy
I've never bothered to send my own payload to the PS4. All you need is Al-Azif's DNS to block PS4 updates and you'll be fine to trigger the exploit from Leeful, Kameleon, or any other host site you want easily.
The same here, no hurry to update to 9.00: after caching one of these hosts, I turned off internet, then using Goldhen v2.4b13 my ps4-slim is awesome, no absolutely KP, so good! Using backports fpkg 5.05/6.72, this is similar to have a CFW! In advance, using scanlines (lv.3 for me) is just brilliant for my eyes! :hrth:

Last edited by DebianLoriX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over