Question add exfat sdxc update with ChoiDujourNXv101?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by cagerhager, Sep 26, 2018.

1. cagerhager
    OP

cagerhager Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    United States
    Is this possible? I was reading that ChoiDujourNX can update it, but it was all on 5.1. I'm on 1.0 firmware and using SXOS 1.9, and am tired of trying to figure out splitting my xci flies. Anyone have a guide on this?

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    exFAT is supported on all firmware except 1.0. If you're on 1.0 and you want exFAT, you will have to update your firmware past 1.0. Usage is pretty straightforward; download the .NRO, slap it in your Switch folder, and run the homebrew. The actual challenge is downloading the firmware update files to use with it since its a firmware installer not downloader. And since those files are considered copyrighted content, they must be obtained outside of this forum. However if you read through the ChoiDujourNX OP very carefully, the creator details several ways to obtain those files.

3. cagerhager
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    United States
    There's no way to bypass this and just install the exfat update? I ask as I'd like to stay on 1.0 if possible. Thanks for your response!

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City

cagerhager likes this.
  5. cagerhager
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2018
    United States
    Thank you! Looks like I'm boned till 2.1 sxos so i can create an emunand and update to 6.0