Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
q3d8k.jpg

According to a report by GameIndustry International (GI), the X-Play co-host, Adam Sessler, will be leaving G4 after a 14-year stint with the network. Though exact details have not been disclosed, Kotaku claims "Sessler is leaving due to a contractual dispute, and the departure was not on amicable terms."

Sessler's attorney, James Molesky, told GI, "His current projects include starring as himself in the Summer 2012 movie 'noobz' and consulting with a film production company on theatrical feature adaptations of video games. Adam intends to stay in front of the camera and continue as a key voice within the games industry. He also sings and is available for weddings and bar mitzvahs."

Sessler's last appearance on the network's popular X-Play series will air today.

:arrow: Source: GameIndustry International, Kotaku

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Singing at weddings and bar mitzvahs? After the last episode of X-Play that I bothered watching, I'd say he's moving up in the world.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he'd been a smarter man he would have jumped ship with Leo Laporte and the rest of the Tech TV crew when they got bought and gutted by G4. I will give this to the man, he had guts. He stood up to the network executives many times and more often than not made fun of the very network his show was on (see the many skits making fun of the ad floods that covered most of the screen).

As the last man of principle on the network, he will be missed. That said he should have dropped out sooner... There were plenty of other more reputable jobs he could have gotten. Still, wish him the best.

Reactions: 1 person

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't watch G4 that much anymore but I'm not afraid to say I loved Adam Sessler. 2002 is the first time I watched that man and damn he was awesome. Now that he's leaving maybe X-Play will go as well.

Species8472

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
G4 seems to have a lot of contractual disputes. Funny this happens at this time as this is the start of the month long no new episode drought thanks to E3. I've recorded every Gamespot TV - X-Play episode since I got the station, barring a few missed episodes due to unforeseen events beyond my control.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cops and Cheaters are all that is left.

And Attack of the Show, which is the only show I watch on television, basically.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to express how much I don't care.

G4 was never worth it for their original shows and their personalities, well, lacked personalities. It was just either just Angry Middle Aged Gamer and Hot Chick Who Doesn't Know About Games.

I personally hope the network dies. The only reason they stay afloat is because they monopolized E3 coverage. Well, that's probably not the only reason, I guess some retards enjoy watching Cops and Cheaters all day.

Reactions: 2 people

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;_; I used to watch x-play after school everyday back when it was still tech tv, I thought it was amazing that a show that was about nothing but video games getting reviewed and skits
ever got to mainstream television. I loved Adam sessler's sarcastic reviews on yu-gi-oh and the random junk that filled markets.
Not that the x play of today is great, since G4 turned it into some kind of marketing platform, but it was the first time I had seen how big the gaming world was.
I hope the best for him and perhaps if I one day marry a Jewish girl he could sing at my wedding.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... I kinda figured this was coming when they stopped podcasting the Feedback episodes, as I felt that was the only outlet they had to actually discuss games and the industry as a whole.

And, I don't think its too late to create another channel that is actually for that matter, as G4 will be put out of business for only having one videogame-based show, and one annual week for a conference.

But now, if they do make another channel, it can touch on all of the industry and it within popular culture.

X_XSlashX_X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
;_; I used to watch x-play after school everyday back when it was still tech tv, I thought it was amazing that a show that was about nothing but video games getting reviewed and skits
ever got to mainstream television. I loved Adam sessler's sarcastic reviews on yu-gi-oh and the random junk that filled markets.
Not that the x play of today is great, since G4 turned it into some kind of marketing platform, but it was the first time I had seen how big the gaming world was.
I hope the best for him and perhaps if I one day marry a Jewish girl he could sing at my wedding.

Nothing was better then when Sessler acted like a complete buffoon and made you laugh. Yes obviously he was acting but damn he put a smile on my face (:

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Adam leaves G4 for another network, I guess they could do an episode of Cheaters on that. It would actually be relevant to the channel, for once.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
If Adam leaves G4 for another network, I guess they could do an episode of Cheaters on that. It would actually be relevant to the channel, for once.

If you want to compare this to a relationship....

G4 killed TechTV and wore it's skin for a while until it got stale and rotten, and ate the corpse. G4 was all "Adam, be with me or be with no one" and Adam was all "aw fuck, okay." Finally Adam got too old for the shit G4 was always pulling like trying to be like TechTV, but not really trying, and lying around in her underwear made of Cops and Cheaters, and she never wore her nice dresses she stole from G4 anymore like The Screensavers and Call for Help. So Adam was all "Fuck you bitch, I'm out"

Reactions: 2 people

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the only thing on G4 worth watching is reruns of Quantum Leap.

RIP Tech TV, still miss the Screen Savers, go to hell whoever decided to turn it into that Attack of the Show garbage.

MEGAMANTROTSKY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the only thing on G4 worth watching is reruns of Quantum Leap.

RIP Tech TV, still miss the Screen Savers, go to hell whoever decided to turn it into that Attack of the Show garbage.
Attack of the Show always inspired a very ugly emotion in me--one that only Full House has been able to match.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...