Hacking activate my psvita without update 3.55!possible??

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same predicament, except I have a Vita TV, so I also need to find this out so that I can use any of the CMA programs.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are going to have to reformat the vita through the recovery menu
During the process it will ask for psn login to activate the system but wont update it

then you can use a ps3 to transfer games to it

Last edited by Joe88,
Reactions: julio.apc16

julio.apc16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You are going to have to reformat the vita through the recovery menu
During the process it will ask for psn login to activate the system but wont update it

then you can use a ps3 to transfer games to it
I do not have ps3,It has another solution?

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 3.55, you don't need a PS3 or a previous hack installed, to use TNV or ARK, (TNV is the one you want since it has graphic interface of the original PSP for PSP backups and stuff). If you wait to long to update to 3.55 and install the hack (backing up your clean copy of the game to your pc, so you don't have to redownload the game from SONY to reinstall the hack if necessary), then you will lose the opportunity.

Firmware 3.18/3.20 or anything below 3.55, does not offer better playback of PS1 backups, or emulators, those are simply very poorly emulated because the VITA hacks have not progressed that far. There is only one hack game for 3.55 so you can't install both TNV and ARK at the moment, otherwise, SONY has released several updates to the PSP Vita since firmware 3.18/3.20 making 3.55 the better choice of firmware to use for your PSP Vita ... ... ... ... sorry this is very much true, if you miss the opportunity now for 3.55, then you must wait for the next time hack for the next firmware version if any.

(Vitaupdateblocker will only work with current firmware PSP's a few days after Sony releases a new firmware update, for people that have second thoughts about not using the current hack game and hack (last minute purchases LMAO) otherwise Vitaupdateblocker is good for nothing, use the official sony content manager, then after you install the hack use QCMA the unofficial sony content manager (first you uninstall the official sony content manager, then you can use QCMA with no problems).

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...icle/cid=UP1024-ULUS10492_00-MCPSPGAMEUS00100

(if you decide to buy this now, then you have to do it online, and then you can browse to your download list from your psp vita on psn and then download it there, make sure you back up the game itself to your PC its the "PGAME" folder, so you only need to download this once from PSN, since you have a backup)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,
Reactions: julio.apc16

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update to 3.55, you don't need a PS3 or a previous hack installed, to use TNV or ARK
This is not a viable option for someone who wants to use Rejuvenate. They are on 3.51, so it is very plausible that they do not want to update in order to retain that option.

Currently, there is no way to activate the system on a lower firmware without a ps3 or updating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1