ROM Hack Acnh question on cfw. Need some answers pls

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked switch and was wondering a few things. Is it safe to go online and play acnh ? Like launching stock ofw after putting in some items in my acnh. And two is it possible to backup my current acnh save and restart a new island and still be able to reload my previous island when I am using the hack mode of my switch?? I was curious since I know I could do that on my 2ds/3ds was wondering if it's possible to do same idea on my switch. ? Ok had another question .. lol... How does text to cheat work on Edizon? I noticed rydogs video in a thread on here but he doesn't show if there is any interaction with Edizon in the video. And it seems u need it to use his cheats. I would to try this text 2 cheat thing but can't figure it out.

Last edited by Latyana,

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok found a discord channel. Answered my question about the new island. Is it safe tho to go online?? I got some friends I been wanting to play with in acnh. Lol

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typically, it is recommended that you use a clean sysNAND for online play and a dirty emuNAND that's kept offline with Incognito installed for all CFW and hackery.

That being said, if you're only using CFW and certain homebrew applications (i.e. You're not running pirated games, etc.), then it's generally considered relatively safe to use that NAND online. I would recommend only using online play when you're not running CFW, and I would recommend only using CFW offline. The risk is still yours to take, and certain homebrew applications can increase your ban risk. Save manipulation is one way you might increase your risk of being banned.

Reactions: Latyana

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh trust me I NVR would go online with the cfw. I was just making sure it was safe to play online if my system is in stock. Oh wanted to be sure is stock just me turning on my system with no cfw launched or would I need to go into cfw and launch it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Typically, it is recommended that you use a clean sysNAND for online play and a dirty emuNAND that's kept offline with Incognito installed for all CFW and hackery.

That being said, if you're only using CFW and certain homebrew applications (i.e. You're not running pirated games, etc.), then it's generally considered relatively safe to use that NAND online. I would recommend only using online play when you're not running CFW, and I would recommend only using CFW offline. The risk is still yours to take, and certain homebrew applications can increase your ban risk. Save manipulation is one way you might increase your risk of being banned.
And I'm sorry. I'm not sure what incognito is. It's been in that 9dns thing or airplane mode when I used the cfw.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh trust me I NVR would go online with the cfw. I was just making sure it was safe to play online if my system is in stock. Oh wanted to be sure is stock just me turning on my system with no cfw launched or would I need to go into cfw and launch it?
One way to enter stock is to just turn your system off and then on, yes. Another way to boot stock is to boot OFW from Hekate, which is a method primarily used by those with AutoRCM installed.

Keep in mind though that even if you boot into stock/OFW, if there are traces of certain forms of hackery (pirated games, traces left on the NAND by certain homebrew applications, certain error logs, etc.), you can still be banned even if you are in stock/OFW. In other words, merely entering OFW/stock doesn't make one immune from a ban. The NAND needs to be kept clean, or relatively clean.

Incognito accomplishes the same thing as 90DNS by stripping the Switch of all personally identifiable information. It should only be used on a dirty NAND. If you are using a clean-ish NAND you wish to use online, you should use Airplane Mode or 90DNS.

Latyana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One way to enter stock is to just turn your system off and then on, yes. Another way to boot stock is to boot OFW from Hekate, which is a method primarily used by those with AutoRCM installed.

Keep in mind though that even if you boot into stock/OFW, if there are traces of certain forms of hackery (pirated games, traces left on the NAND by certain homebrew applications, certain error logs, etc.), you can still be banned even if you are in stock/OFW. In other words, merely entering OFW/stock doesn't make one immune from a ban. The NAND needs to be kept clean, or relatively clean.

Incognito accomplishes the same thing as 90DNS by stripping the Switch of all personally identifiable information. It should only be used on a dirty NAND. If you are using a clean-ish NAND you wish to use online, you should use Airplane Mode or 90DNS.
Idk what applications I woulda used to have any traces left. I've only recently hacked this switch to cfw side. But I'll be sure to be careful. I just really needed confirmation on this because I got a friend been wanting to come over and talking and fish with for days. Lol. Tyvm for letting me know and double thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by Latyana,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1