Acekard2i from NDSCardSale

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by coattails, May 3, 2010.

May 3, 2010

Acekard2i from NDSCardSale by coattails at 4:23 AM (3,030 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. coattails
    OP

Member coattails GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    My ak2i has been having some contact issues as of late and I've been looking for a solution to the problem. Then I came across this.

http://www.ndscardsale.com/product/Acekard...Si-NDSi-DS-Lite

If you take a look at the pics, the cart has teeth and a Green PCB. Now from what I understand about flash carts, teeth = less chance of contact issues. Should I go ahead and pay 12$ to try it out? A contact issue-less AK2i would be a dream come true.

2. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    It is probably an old photo...

The Acekards2i cards from DX had no teeth...

Unless someone can confirm that their Acekards do indeed have teeth, I would assume that this is a photo of the old model, but you will get the newer model without teeth...

3. funnydog522

Newcomer funnydog522 Newbie

United States
  4. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    it's real, i've it too. and it can load akaio 1.6 rc2 without problems

5. coattails
    OP

Canada
    Have you ever had any contact problems with it? If you haven't, I'm gonna order one now.

6. fearofshorts

Member fearofshorts GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I don't think that the teeth really help much. Give the paper trick a try first.

7. coattails
    OP

Canada
    I've been there and done that. Even did the "paper under pcb" thing. No dice.

Whenever my ds shakes a little, the contacts go out of whack and my games end up freezing. This is really annoying because I can't go to sleep mode and put it in my bag without losing my progress.

I've yet to hear of a teethed flash cart with any contact issues, so I wouldn't mind buying another ak if it meant I could put sleepmode to use.

8. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    the current crop of iEdge cards have teeth

9. lowjeep

Newcomer lowjeep Member

United States
    I just got my daughters AK2i from ndscardsale on May 3rd. Problem is I ordered it on April 6th. It was a full legit card and works perfect with the latest AKAIO but the shipping time was just too much for me.

10. crazyshiza

Member crazyshiza GBAtemp Regular

The AK2i I received from them had only 2 teeth, one on the right and one on the left. Anyways, it works great so far. I ordered it April 16 and received it May 7th which is what I was expecting more or less.

11. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Why do people think that horizontal spacer teeth would help a contact issue which is a depth issue?

12. coattails
    OP

Canada
    Actually, some carts have problems where the PCB isn't perfectly aligned horizontally and you end up with half a gold contact behind the plastic of the cart.

I would also assume that flash carts with teeth have contacts which are more "raised" since the plastic stuck to the PCB and shell is sturdier and harder to bend.

I've also never seen a teethed cart which has had contact issues in the past.. so why WOULDN'T it be possible that teethed carts would help a contact problem?

13. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can try putting more paper in, man I personally wouldn't give up on that card untill I tried everything, try like cutting a buisness card see if that does the trick. If not then buy a new one. mine has had 0 contact issues.