acekard2i forever loading

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by gord, Feb 9, 2009.

Feb 9, 2009

acekard2i forever loading by gord at 4:15 PM (3,218 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. gord
    OP

Newcomer gord Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to this whole thing, but the other day i bought an acekard 2i for use on my ds lite - it came with the acekard 2i card, a 4gb kingmax sdcard and a cardreader (bought from here: http://www.gamesuperway.com/index.php?main...products_id=226 )

at first there was a problem with the sdcard reader, it wouldn't read the HC 4gb sdcard, which I thought was strange given that the acekard is supposed to support HC cards and it was clearly an 'acekard' sd card reader as it had acekard printed on it. So i got out an HC card reader and downloaded the AK2 firmware, placed it in the root folder. I put it in the acekard and started my ds, I clicked on the acekard menu item and then i'm just left with a loading screen that sits and does nothing forever.

I tried formatting the sd card with a fat16 filesystem and trying again, same result. tried again formating to fat32 and the same result. I tried a few different firmware revisions all with the same result. I just tried with the AKAIO firmware and again I am just left with the loading screen forever.

I don't think I am doing anything wrong so maybe the acekard is at fault? has anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm at a loss as to what to do.

[​IMG] - Here's a screenshot just incase anyone thinks I might be putting the firmware on the sdcard wrong (maybe I am)

Any help is hugely appreciated - thanks, Gord.

2. Kiriashi

Member Kiriashi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had this problem yesterday. First of all, that readme shouldn't be in there. [​IMG]

Also make sure you put your microSD Card all the way in your AK, sometimes it looks like it is in, but it needs a little nudge. [​IMG]

If this doesn't work, make sure your firmwire is O.K (it looks good to me, the all in one, but try it re-downloading, and from this site) [​IMG]

Sorry If I'm not that helpful, I'm new too [​IMG]

3. gord
    OP

Newcomer gord Newbie

United Kingdom
    It just wasn't pushed in hard enough [​IMG] I didn't want to push too hard before, lots of small stuff that i didn't want to break by being agressive, had to really dig in with my nails to get it in proper.

Thanks for your help [​IMG]

4. Kiriashi

United States
    Yeah no problem! I did the EXACT same thing and also didn't wanna break my microSD card! [​IMG]

5. DSiImporter

Banned DSiImporter Banned

United States
    hi man i use the acekard 2i for my dsi and ds lite. you have the rong OS and firmware what you need to do is go to acekard.com and at the top their is a link to downloads click and dont go all the way to the bottom it is at the way top it is right under the osup download and the skin editors. under those their is 1.13 and 1.14 the files you should get when you download 1.13 or 1.14 is folder name __ak2 and a release note and akmenu.nds. if this helps tell me by pm if this doesent ill walk you through it. put every file that is in the download on the root of your sd card the newest version is 1.14 im running that one on my dsi and ds lite it doesent matter

6. GrathXVI

Newcomer GrathXVI Member

United States
    No actually, he has AKAIO, which is the RIGHT OS. Default loader is for losers.

7. DSiImporter

United States
    then what is that modified firmware and he has the ak2i

8. CoconutCake

Member CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    AKAIO also works on AK2i.

It's much better than official firmware. As for what it is... read the top of the board you're on.

9. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
  10. DSiImporter

United States
    on acekard.com it clearly says that akaio does not work on the ak2i damn check it out for your self

11. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Ugh. The biggest problem with my 2.1. the spring-loaded slot is at such a weird angle you can almost never tell at first

12. gord
    OP

Newcomer gord Newbie

United Kingdom
    just to note, the problem was definatly the fact that i wasn't pushing it in enough, its worked *perfectly* (and then some) ever since then. the akaio firmware works fine with the acekard dsi card also, apprently there was a problem with an old version of the firmware but that was fixed and the latest version is great.

and yeah the spring is a bit annoying, i know they were trying to give it the ds card spring feel to it but the resistance to your push just makes it feel like you shouldn't be pushing that hard at first. sure do feel silly once you know however.

13. jeffro

Newcomer jeffro Advanced Member

Netherlands

AKAIO (AceKard All-In-One) is a custom firmware for the Acekard R.P.G., Acekard 2, AK2i, and some support for Acekard+.
    AK2i can use 1.4 safely, otherwise Do not use AKAIO on the AK2i
    The latest release is AKAIO 1.4

Taken directly from the wiki page, I confirm it as I bought a AK2i (Because dealextreme was and still is out of stock of normal AK2.1's) and I am happily using AKAIO on it

14. Kiriashi

United States
    Guys, you don't have to keep bringing this up. I solved his problem in the FIRST post/ Ant for the record, jeffro is right [​IMG] .

15. jeffro

Newcomer jeffro Advanced Member

Netherlands