Hacking acekard2i forever loading

gord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm fairly new to this whole thing, but the other day i bought an acekard 2i for use on my ds lite - it came with the acekard 2i card, a 4gb kingmax sdcard and a cardreader (bought from here: http://www.gamesuperway.com/index.php?main...products_id=226 )

at first there was a problem with the sdcard reader, it wouldn't read the HC 4gb sdcard, which I thought was strange given that the acekard is supposed to support HC cards and it was clearly an 'acekard' sd card reader as it had acekard printed on it. So i got out an HC card reader and downloaded the AK2 firmware, placed it in the root folder. I put it in the acekard and started my ds, I clicked on the acekard menu item and then i'm just left with a loading screen that sits and does nothing forever.

I tried formatting the sd card with a fat16 filesystem and trying again, same result. tried again formating to fat32 and the same result. I tried a few different firmware revisions all with the same result. I just tried with the AKAIO firmware and again I am just left with the loading screen forever.

I don't think I am doing anything wrong so maybe the acekard is at fault? has anyone ever heard of this happening? I'm at a loss as to what to do.

se6m8k.jpg
- Here's a screenshot just incase anyone thinks I might be putting the firmware on the sdcard wrong (maybe I am)

Any help is hugely appreciated - thanks, Gord.

Kiriashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem yesterday. First of all, that readme shouldn't be in there.
wtf.gif

Also make sure you put your microSD Card all the way in your AK, sometimes it looks like it is in, but it needs a little nudge.
ph34r.gif

If this doesn't work, make sure your firmwire is O.K (it looks good to me, the all in one, but try it re-downloading, and from this site)
happy.gif

Sorry If I'm not that helpful, I'm new too
wink.gif

gord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It just wasn't pushed in hard enough
smile.gif
I didn't want to push too hard before, lots of small stuff that i didn't want to break by being agressive, had to really dig in with my nails to get it in proper.

Thanks for your help
smile.gif

DSiImporter

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi man i use the acekard 2i for my dsi and ds lite. you have the rong OS and firmware what you need to do is go to acekard.com and at the top their is a link to downloads click and dont go all the way to the bottom it is at the way top it is right under the osup download and the skin editors. under those their is 1.13 and 1.14 the files you should get when you download 1.13 or 1.14 is folder name __ak2 and a release note and akmenu.nds. if this helps tell me by pm if this doesent ill walk you through it. put every file that is in the download on the root of your sd card the newest version is 1.14 im running that one on my dsi and ds lite it doesent matter

GrathXVI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiImporter said:
hi man i use the acekard 2i for my dsi and ds lite. you have the rong OS and firmware what you need to do is go to acekard.com and at the top their is a link to downloads click and dont go all the way to the bottom it is at the way top it is right under the osup download and the skin editors. under those their is 1.13 and 1.14 the files you should get when you download 1.13 or 1.14 is folder name __ak2 and a release note and akmenu.nds. if this helps tell me by pm if this doesent ill walk you through it. put every file that is in the download on the root of your sd card the newest version is 1.14 im running that one on my dsi and ds lite it doesent matter
No actually, he has AKAIO, which is the RIGHT OS. Default loader is for losers.

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiImporter said:
then what is that modified firmware and he has the ak2i

AKAIO also works on AK2i.

It's much better than official firmware. As for what it is... read the top of the board you're on.

gord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just to note, the problem was definatly the fact that i wasn't pushing it in enough, its worked *perfectly* (and then some) ever since then. the akaio firmware works fine with the acekard dsi card also, apprently there was a problem with an old version of the firmware but that was fixed and the latest version is great.

and yeah the spring is a bit annoying, i know they were trying to give it the ds card spring feel to it but the resistance to your push just makes it feel like you shouldn't be pushing that hard at first. sure do feel silly once you know however.

jeffro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fakegaming.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
DSiImporter said:
on acekard.com it clearly says that akaio does not work on the ak2i damn check it out for your self

AKAIO (AceKard All-In-One) is a custom firmware for the Acekard R.P.G., Acekard 2, AK2i, and some support for Acekard+.
AK2i can use 1.4 safely, otherwise Do not use AKAIO on the AK2i
The latest release is AKAIO 1.4

Taken directly from the wiki page, I confirm it as I bought a AK2i (Because dealextreme was and still is out of stock of normal AK2.1's) and I am happily using AKAIO on it

Kiriashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, you don't have to keep bringing this up. I solved his problem in the FIRST post/ Ant for the record, jeffro is right
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need to setup a time lapse camera, be neat
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I actually use a pic of it on my pc desktop cause its cool looking
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Apparently the pro versión of pizza boy is back aswell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna download the update
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Only 2 antiviruses detected the APK as a virus on virustotal so it Must be safe
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz false positive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wait
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Eh nvm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sadly, the clouds are setting in now

hey BigOnYa the clouds are coming from the south, maybe check again
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night it's 11 pm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan Nuh I'm in for the night playing Fallout 4, ill look tomorrow night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok had let dog out, and yea still can't see it, oh well. Maybe tom night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ballocks these drives aren't allowing raid
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sucks, well you will get double the space then atleast.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy needs to come back
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you try Raid 10?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did raid69
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The physical disk keeps disabling in bios
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey ken did you see the aurora tonight?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also sorry it was too cloudy, that sucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, This chat is sponsored by Raid Shadow Legends.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So I guess raid0 doesn't allow mismatched storage oh well
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In other news GeForce experience is still shit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In other news GeForce experience is still shit