acekard2i /3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nysaab, Jan 14, 2012.

Jan 14, 2012

acekard2i /3ds by nysaab at 5:38 PM (843 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. nysaab
    OP

Newcomer nysaab Member

United States
    Hi all, new to this forum, pls excuse as if this has been discuss before.
    I updated my 3ds by accident adn now my acekard2i don't work anymore, updated the ak2i thru ds lite and now the card will not reconize by 3ds and blank screen on the ds lite, what did i do wrong? during updte on ds lite ,it did show 8818 on it and i press start update as described and it did say update complete.
    pls help!!

2. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It sounds like you either have a fake acekard 2i, or you might have powered off during the upgrade. Either way your card is fried. You do have one option left to save your Acekard 2i. You can reflash it, but only if you have another working flash card.

3. nysaab
    OP

Newcomer nysaab Member

United States
    so now my 3ds showing is v3.0.0.6, will a new card work or have to update through the ds lite again? oh and can you tell how to re-flash the ak2i as i have a working r4 card.

thanks

4. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    i would format SD and reload the new firmware and retry on the DS to be sure . Your right in saying that you would have to update a new acekard on the ds now your 3ds is updated , as for flashing it . i got no clue.

5. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    OK, first you need to format your Micro SDHC card. Protip: Use Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1 (use Google to find and download, it's free) to format your Micro SDHC card. Use the default settings the program uses, unless of course, you run into serious issues down the road. If you do run into ROMs not booting or glitching or saves becoming corrupted for no reason at all, then feel free to change the settings of Panasonic SD Formatter 3.1. Some people like to completely erase their Micro SDHC card (this will take longer than 10 minutes) as a way to combat the issues I just mentioned, so if you fit that category you know what to do in the future. Fact, Microsoft Windows isn't exactly designed to format Micro SDHC cards, even though it is capable. Next, put the acekard 3.0.0.5 update file on your Micro SDHC card along with the other R4 kernel files. Then you can go forward with putting the Micro SDHC card into your R4, and the R4 into your DS Lite. Highlight the 3.0.0.5 update file and then press the "A" button. This will initialize the update program. When you have the program now open don't press the "A" button to start the "actual" update until you switch out the R4 for the Acekard 2i (along with the same Micro SDHC card that was just now in the R4 flash card.) Now that the Acekard 2i, along with the same Micro SDHC card is in your DS Lite go ahead and press the "A" button to start the actual updating of the boot loader. Once it says completed and successful, go ahead and use the power switch to turn your DS Lite off. Now you can put all the Acekard 2i files (AKAIO) back onto your Micro SDHC card and you can erase the 3.0.0.5 update file. Your card is now brought back to life and is compatible with Nintendo's 3.0.0.6 firmware. All in all, it's very easy. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. nysaab
    OP

Newcomer nysaab Member

United States

You my friend are a genius, trophy and cookies for you!!! my ak2i is BACK to alive, although it has a different skin now and don't know why but hey, damn thing works now and can't be any happier!!!!!!
    thanks for you guys/gilrs help on this.