acekard2

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by lamongol, Jan 4, 2011.

Jan 4, 2011

acekard2 by lamongol at 2:04 AM (1,045 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. lamongol
    OP

Newcomer lamongol Newbie

United States
    hey guys im new to this site but i hope somone can help me i bought a acekard 2 for my daughters dsi but dont know exactly were to start it looks like it takes some sort of chip on one side this caae with no instructions of course i bought this from hong kong on ebay it said it didnt need any flashing so i thought it would just need the games dowloaded to it can anyone help me get this going thanks

2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Well first, do you have a acekard 2 or a acekard 2i. Each are different. If you have a acekard 2, than it will not work on a dsi. Though if you have to 2i, go here:http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-guide-to-setting-up-your-acekard. This will help you set it up.

3. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    first welcome to the temp but please stop talking like this it is very annoying punctuation and spelling exist for a reason you know

Now then, you'll need yourself a MicroSD card. 2GB is fine, 4GB is plenty. I recommend a Class 4 or Class 6 one, preferably a Japanese Kingston brand. Once you have that, you'll need AKAIO. Version 1.8.1 is the latest if I recall correctly, and you can get it on FileTrip. Download it and copy it to the SD card. Then, throw some games on there. Just make a folder (name it Games or something) and put .nds files in there. Then, put the MicroSD into the AceKard and then put the AceKard in the DS. It'll load AKAIO the second it's selected from the DS's menu. Once there, you can navigate to your Games folder (use the arrow buttons and A) and you will see a list of the games you put on there. Good luck.

4. UniqueGeek

Member UniqueGeek PMD Researcher

United States
  5. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    Does it matter who's first? [​IMG]

6. lamongol
    OP

Newcomer lamongol Newbie

United States
    Well it says its Dsi compatible but that does not really mean anything is there anything else I can check.

7. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    I see you're working on that punctuation... close, but not quite there yet.

Anyways, if it says AceKard 2 on the card itself and has a small "i" on it, then it's going to work in her DSi. The only true way to test it is stick it in the DSi and launch it. If there's no SD card it'll give you an error about there being no SD card inserted (I think). Better yet, put it in her DSi, launch it from the menu, and tell us what error message appears on-screen. This will help us help you determine if it is DSi compatible... but if it says it is then it probably is.

8. Ozz465

Member Ozz465 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not too sound way too nooby , but if the card is dsi compatible it would work on the dsi xl right?

9. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Yes it does work on DSi XL

10. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yes, assuming it was updated for the 1.4 or 1.4.1 firmware bypass.

11. Ozz465

United States
    thx guys ,been too long since i had a ds with a flashcard , gotta research a ton know . going to go buy a dsi right now .

12. Rydian

United States
    If you buy it now it will have firmware 1.4 or 1.4.1 on it, meaning the acekard 2i will have to be "flashed" (updated) before it will run on it. If it's blocked by the update you will need to run the update from another DS.

13. Ozz465

United States
    Yea i read about that , you need a stock dsi of fw lower or does it matter to flash the card?

14. Rydian

United States
    You need a DSI with firmware 1.3 or below... or any DS/Lite (the DS and DS Lite don't have firmware updates).

15. Ozz465

United States
    thx ,i appreciate the help.