AceKard starting directory?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by PopeSock, Feb 28, 2009.

Feb 28, 2009

AceKard starting directory? by PopeSock at 10:53 PM (1,138 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. PopeSock
    OP

Newcomer PopeSock Newbie

United States
    Is there a way to have AceKard's own software start in the Roms directory all the time? Akaio does this, but AceKard seems to forget the starting directory when it's turned on. Granted, using Akaio would be a possible solution, but then again there's at least one game I have to mess around with a loader for Akaio to work perfectly with.

2. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just put the official loader in the ak2loader folder after cutting it from the official FW.

Then use that loader with the noncompatible games instead.

INB4 SMITHS

3. PopeSock
    OP

Newcomer PopeSock Newbie

United States
    Weird thing is, Akaio has just done the same thing.. I could have sworn it remembered the directory I was in when I shut it off.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    and this game would be which?

-another world

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    If I recall correctly, AKAIO remembers the folder you were in when you last launched a game. It would be inefficient for it to store the current folder every time you changed folders.

There is a bug in the official menu that causes it to not always remember the folder. I'm trying to remember the specific details, but I don't recall. I posted something about it a looong time ago, at which time Smiths fixed it in AKAIO, but it was never fixed in the official menu.

-Bri