Acekard sometimes doesn't work

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Fel, Dec 18, 2009.

Dec 18, 2009

Acekard sometimes doesn't work by Fel at 9:13 PM (1,439 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    I was wondering, if in a new DS Lite the Acekard 2 with a 2 GB Kingston sometimes doesn't work, meaning it doesn't boot up at all, but in order to make it work you have to take it out and reinsert it, is something wrong with the flashcart or the DS? Or is it normal?

I'm just asking because that's what the DSL with Acekard 2 which I want to buy does.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. mewtwo-EX

Newcomer mewtwo-EX Member

United States
    It may be normal, but it may also be signs that the card slot is wearing out. If the DS has been used with ill-fitting flash cards, this can cause the issue. You imply that this only happens occasionally. You could try attaching a couple of folds of paper to the label side of the Acekard to see if this improves things. Also if available, try the card in another DS.

My experience: I use the Max Media Dock in my DSP, which has acquired the problem you described. I blame Datel's slightly different sized cart for this, but it only happens if the cart is bumped. Try to avoid bumping your Acekard when it is working. Also, repeated ejecting can wear out any device; keep game swaps to a minimum.

3. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    its a contact issue most likely, so tape your card to make your card thicker so that the contact touch

4. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Okay, thanks everyone! [​IMG] I decided in the end not to buy the console, so I'm probably gonna get one on my own or for Christmas, together with the m3. [​IMG]

5. mewtwo-EX

Newcomer mewtwo-EX Member

United States
    M3? Why? Of course it's your choice, but what does the M3 have that the AceKard doesn't?

6. Dialexio

Member Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The M3 has real-time saving.

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada