wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Acekard Official v4.23
Update
Ak2.jpg
AK2i_.JPG

Team Acekard has updated the official firmware. Please see the release notes for more information.

QUOTE(Release Notes ("Engrish" Translated)) said:
Users can now control the DMA settings from within the firmware by pressing "Y" twice on a highlighted ROM. Once DMA is correctly set-up users can enable or disable it when desired. To enable DMA patching simply select a ROM and press "A" to launch the ROM. To disable DMA patching hold "A" while launching the selected ROM. Some games will require the user to hold "A" after the AP patch is applied.

download.gif
 Download
icon11.gif
 Source

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
YayMii said:
Wait, that's it? That's kinda pathetic. They could've at least tried to update the compatibility to (almost) match AKAIO's...
they maybe know they don't have to bother with it since normatt is doing the hard work for them
tongue.gif

maybe only released this so normatt can take it's new function and add it to AKAIO's

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CrimzonEyed said:
YayMii said:
Wait, that's it? That's kinda pathetic. They could've at least tried to update the compatibility to (almost) match AKAIO's...
they maybe know they don't have to bother with it since normatt is doing the hard work for them
tongue.gif

maybe only released this so normatt can take it's new function and add it to AKAIO's
Okay, then I want them to embed an mp3 player so Norm can add it into AKAIO
tongue.gif
But there's a really small chance of that happening...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
CrimzonEyed said:

akaio had the ability to boot without dma patching for a long time. it was recently removed due to optimizations which made it a useless feature. i'm not 100% sure yet what team acekard is doing but this looks like a quick fix for a dma bug in the official firmware. instead of recoding the problem that occurs when certain roms are AP patched, just provide a way to turn off dma.

-another world

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its really strange as to why they have released this... maybe it was something they were working on without worries and they have completed it at this moment
maybe normatt or similar could explain if there was some bkg for this ofw

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
no reason for the release
there is no compatibility update and the no dma mode..hardly anyone is going to use it

or maybe they are just showing people that they are still alive

they could've added that embed mp3 player yaymii was talking about
or some helpful features
real-time save
real-time guide
real-time cheat
that could put acekard2 to the top
these features will help get ak2 back to the top
not saying they should make a new flashcart with a built-in cpu and add freecheat and gba emu
gba emu can be gotten with 3in1's and freecheat doesn't give very good cheat results

real-time save/guide/cheat is really required for the ak2

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CrimzonEyed said:
YayMii said:
tongue.gif

Normatt should get paid.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
coolness said:
My Acekard died yesterday now i`m using that one of my little bro
and now i`m gonne buy a Supercard DSTWO
tongue.gif
That's a shame, these things don't last forever though.
My old Acekard 2i died, I bought a replacement when I noticed it was starting to freeze more often, and handed it down to my brother, he says it hardly works anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.