Acekard issues ... any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by NickPDX, Feb 3, 2012.

Feb 3, 2012
  1. NickPDX
    OP

Newcomer NickPDX Member

United States
    I hate to create another thread when it seems like there are a ton just saying/asking the same thing but I have read those and they have not answered or solved my problem yet.

I have an Acekard 2i that I had originally bought to use with my 3DS. I hadn't used it at all (not even taken out of the box) so I decided to give it to my friends son for his birthday a few months back. He has a DSi, so I updated it to the most recent firmware (using my DS lite) loaded some games and tested it out. It worked just fine on my DSL, 3DS and also my DS Phat. I gave it away and he used it for a bit but then it stopped working (so I'm told). I was thinking that it must have needed an update so today I went over and reflashed with newest firmward/kernel, loaded newest software and it still won't work on the DSi. It never recognizes that there is something inserted into the slot. It does still work on my other 3 devices. I tried the paper trick thinking it might be a contact problem, but that didn't solve anything. Looking at the pictures in that thread too and this card looks pretty damn perfect, both the contact points and the chip on the back (looks very smooth under the label).

I don't really know what else to do. The DSi recognizes other games just fine but just doesn't recognize the Acekard 2i.

I can supply pictures of the card if that will help anybody help me. I just want to give it to the kid and have him enjoy it but thus far it has been worthless to him.

Thanks for any help!

2. wasim

Member wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

India
    So it doesn't show anything when it's on the DSi ?? probably something with the contact but you've done the paper trick.
    Have you tried any other flashcard on the DSi ?

Sorry, but i really don't know what the problem is.