Acekard internal player and moonshell

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by stealthfire, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008
  1. stealthfire
    OP

Newcomer stealthfire Member

Singapore
    I'm using acekard 2.1 with the original firmware version 4.12

Apparently, it has a internal player which can play files without moonshell.

When I selected a mp3 file, it comes up with a ipod-looking interface and plays the file.
    The readme doesn't say anything about this and and I did a quick search and couldn't find out anything.
    Is there any information about this player? such as what file formats it can play and its functions?

I just downloaded moonshell for the acekard and I need some help on the functions of moonshell.
    Is there any way to fast forward or backward when playing a audio file?
    Also, what file formats can it play? So far, I only know that it can play mp3 files.
    And is there anyway to make it play formats it currently doesn't support like wma? maybe adding codecs or something?

How does this internal player and moonshell compare?

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    Internal player is a plugin for the iPod clone, and will automatically play .mp3's when one is chosen from the menu.

There is also an internal text viewer and an internal DSM video player.

With the iPod clone I don't believe there is any way to fast forward/rewind, other than skipping.

3. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Just stick with moonshell. It is the most comprehensive multimedia application for the DS.

4. stealthfire
    OP

Newcomer stealthfire Member

Singapore
    So I assume that the internal player can only play mp3 files then?

For moonshell, I assume that the .msp files in the plugin folder contains the codecs for the types of files it can play.
    Unfortunately, I can't figure out what some of the names for the files mean. And the text file don't help much.
    So far, I only know that it can play .aac, .mp3, .ogg and maybe .wav (I think) files.
    These the the only files with names of audio file formats that I recognise. Apparently, the folder also contains codecs for picture file formats as well.

On the internal player, if I press right or tap the center button, the bar turns into a line with a diamond shape on it.
    If I press the shoulder buttons or turn the wheel, it moves forwards and backwards.

So far, on moonshell, I still haven't been able to figure out how to move forward and backward.