Acekard, DSOneI or neither?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Kafke, Mar 26, 2010.

Mar 26, 2010

Acekard, DSOneI or neither? by Kafke at 7:29 PM (1,730 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Kafke
    OP

Member Kafke GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I've had my r4 for as long as I knew about it. However, in the past week there have been more games which it cant play (you know this already...). With e3 and the 3ds coming out, I was wondering whether I should get a new flashcard soon.

My choices are these:

1. Acekard 2I. My little sister has one, and I have heard good things about it. AKAIO seems to be updated everytime something doesn't work. Is AKAIO official or fan made?

2. DSOneI. It seems there is still official support, and still has as good of compatibility as Acekard. I heard DSTwo is coming out. If you say I should get DSOneI, should I wait for 2 or get 1?

3. Neither. Either another flashcard or wait until e3 and see if flashcards work on the new 3ds.

Do you think more games will have these new AP measures that block R4s? And do you see any of the flashcards dieing soon?

I only want a flashcard with current support and 100% compatibility. What is the cheapest one that will do this?

2. clegion

Member clegion GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    AKAIO is fan made

and as for that get Acekard then get DS2

as for the cheapest one Acekard, adn there's no such thing as 100% compability

3. Rogue_Syst3m

Member Rogue_Syst3m GBAtemp Regular

United States
  4. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Get the Supercard DSTWO.

5. Saddamsdevil

Member Saddamsdevil GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I placed an order today on a DSi XL and because my Supercard DSone doesn't work on the DSi, I needed a new flashcart.

I decided to purchase an Acekard2i for my DSi XL, not because I wanted it, but because it's the cheapest one to own whilst waiting for the DStwo to come out.

Supercard has earned my loyalty several times through frequent updates and compatibility and will remain my favorite brand of flashcart, while I heard, with Acekard being the cheapest in the family of flashcarts, it has a major updatecentre as well with frequent updates, but the added functionality of the DStwo is more than enough of a convincer for me to buy it. Finally GBA rom support and PROBABLY media functionality only equaled by the Iplayer.

This is my little review, at 23:30, high on life. Thank you.

6. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Acekard 2i if you're on a budget, but the Supercard DS2 is much better IMO.

7. nordini

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    I love my Supercard DSonei but im sure the DSTwo blows it out of the water so get that.

8. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    if you are intending to go for scds1i
    then go for scds2 [​IMG]

but no harm having both [​IMG]

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    we still don't know much about the scds2. the firmware could really suck. the gba emulation could be hit or miss. the gui could be really slow. that cheat search engine might cause data corruption. lets hold off on saying it is better than the ak2i until the review kits ship.

i, for one, hope that homebrew devs embrace the onboard cpu. the iplayer screwed up by not releasing an SKD for homebrew authors to take advantage of their kit. they were so worried about a 3rd party rom loader, and sales of the kit suffered because of it. in the end no one really cared about the drag/drop movie support on a flash kit that did nothing else. the scds2 could be really sweet. think of the emulation posibilities.

-another world

10. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    The DS2 uses the same EOS that the DS1 uses. And people have been saying that the EOS was very fast, and more reliable compared to the original DS1 OS. And since announcement, they've been working on GBA emulation. So it must be good.
    BTW, everyone seems to have forgotten about SNES emulation. The SCDS2 is going to have much better emulation compared to snesDS and SNEmulDS.

11. Saddamsdevil

United Kingdom
    I got my acekard today, and i must say the build quality is a bit of a letdown. The card itself feels fragile compared to my old DSone SDHC.

The loading takes longer, and the UI is just... OKAY compared to EOS (talking AKAIO here)

Cant wait for DS2 to be released, Supercard gave me high standards.

12. nordini

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    Also i should make note that the new EOS for the DSonei is wayyyyyy better than the old moonshell menu for it.

I'd still wait for the Supercard DSTwo though because i have a feeling it's just going to blow the other cards away.

13. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    BTW, the 1.6RC versions supposedly load slower than normal. So that might be why it loads longer.

14. Saddamsdevil

United Kingdom
    Its the 2i, but the DSone is just built SO solidly and nice.

It feels like an authentic cartridge.