Hacking acekard.ca Negative experience

Zaneris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since this seems like the thing people are doing lately and the Gateway is about to become massively more popular with this UI update, I decided to write a review of where I got my carts from a few weeks ago.

Despite the claims on Gateway's reseller page, and acekard.ca's own website, they DO NOT SHIP FROM CANADA.

After about a week of bugging them for a tracking number, I finally received one, and to my surprise, the package was being shipped from the United Arab Emirates. So... terrible customer service, lying about where they're located, and took them a week to even ship it when I was told it was "in stock" result in me rating them a 1 out of 5. The 1 is purely for the fact that I did indeed receive the carts eventually...

So, fellow Canadians, do yourself a favor, and order from the actual Canadian reseller, modchipcentral.com.

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can vouch for good experiences from modchipcentral, although it appears that they could or could not be "in stock" from the description.

D

Deleted_171835

Maybe the Gateway team made a mistake...? Not that it even makes a difference whether it ships from Canada or the UAE.

And taking a week to ship isn't exactly bad, that's about par for regular shipping from a smaller retailer.

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent received my item yet but they have been extremely prompt with communication. I actually was instructed to order through their affiliate site because I'm located in the US, more-thing.ca. Though the site looks very suspect they have maintained communication as well. I used a credit card just to ensure that I can fight the transaction if I do not receive it. I will update once I receive the product. If you're really hard up just do what I did and order one from ebay. Sure I paid 110 shipped for one but at least It will only take a few days to get here.

Rockstead

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe the Gateway team made a mistake...? Not that it even makes a difference whether it ships from Canada or the UAE.

And taking a week to ship isn't exactly bad, that's about par for regular shipping from a smaller retailer.

Of course it makese a difference, ever hear of something called duty? That's the whole point of having the product shipped from within your own country, you avoid two potential probelms, 1) it gets stuck at customs for x amount of time, 2) the shipping company will charge you the brokerage feesfor it entering your country.

That aside, you should have compared the two Canadian resellers they had anyhow, modchipcentral lists it $10 cheaper but I didn't factor in shipping charges but it has to be cheaper coming from Canada.

Anyhow, thanks for brining tihis to light, I need to make and order of 3, and if Modchipcentral was out of stock, I would have considered them, thinking they were in Canada. Gateway team needs to do something about that, hope you reached out to them to share your experience.

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys really want one and are willing to wait just buy one off ebay I know there is one listed for sale now. It ships from hong kong but you are protected slightly more then if you buy from some random site

Edit: I contacted more-thing.ca and they said they shipped the card the day after i ordered it and it should be here in 7 to 10 days from canada to the US

Kishnabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since this seems like the thing people are doing lately and the Gateway is about to become massively more popular with this UI update, I decided to write a review of where I got my carts from a few weeks ago.

Despite the claims on Gateway's reseller page, and acekard.ca's own website, they DO NOT SHIP FROM CANADA.

After about a week of bugging them for a tracking number, I finally received one, and to my surprise, the package was being shipped from the United Arab Emirates. So... terrible customer service, lying about where they're located, and took them a week to even ship it when I was told it was "in stock" result in me rating them a 1 out of 5. The 1 is purely for the fact that I did indeed receive the carts eventually...

So, fellow Canadians, do yourself a favor, and order from the actual Canadian reseller, modchipcentral.com.

ModchipCentral is based in Canada but they ship Gateway from America!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That site doesn't even come close to sounding legit, then again I never trust any flashcard dealer using a flashcard name for/in their site.
I personally always go with either GBAtemp's official sponsor http://nds-card.com/ or www.zhuzhuchina.com

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that place has some of the worst customer service I've seen over the years. Absolutely no contact for anything, and I'd suggest quite a few shops to you; if you're interested shoot me a PM. :)

excalibrax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only problem with modchipcentral and a bunch of these other sites is no one accepts payment via mastercard. For DsTWO finally found their site and started going down the list of authorized retailers and found one.

aclearersky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update of my experience with acekard.ca. Overall they were great with communication. I emailed them multiple times and they always responded back within 24 hours, most of the time quicker. They directed me their affiliate site, more-thing.ca, because of their credit card payment option. Though i was a bit skeptical at first due to the looks of the website, I placed an order on 9/28 and received it today 10/8 so under two weeks with shipping from canada to us. I'm overall pleased with them. But it is just my experience, I imagine that others differ.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1