wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekardlogo.gif
Acekard Anti-counterfeit Code
Will it Work?
acekardlogo102398109238.gif

The new Acekard anti-counterfeit code will allow users to check if their Acekard is real by removing the sticker. We really do not like this approach for many reasons, the main reason being that the AK2i already has some contact issues. Removing the sticker may force some users into using the “paper trick”. Removing the sticker can also leave sticker residue behind, and replacing the sticker is sometimes impossible as the sticker may not always peel off in 1 piece.

It remains to be seen how this code will work, what will make it unique, and what will stop cloners from copying it. Assumptions are that each cart produced will have a unique code, and only those codes will make it into the database. If that is the case, why not simply include the code on a piece of paper inside of the box or print it right on the back of the shell in a more convenient place?

While the execution may not be the best this is a great step forward for Acekard. Their popular Flash Kit series, supported by AKAIO, has been cloned ever since the release of the R4 Ultra. Recently the EON chipped clone was released, a card which reports a legit HWID, functions with AKAIO, but can not use the AP patching or be firmware flashed. There are now reports of an Acekard 3, another obvious attempt to capitalize on misinformed users looking to purchase a 3DS. The Acekard has also been faked as the AK2i sticker was placed on R4 kits and DSTT kits in the past. Some resellers are so bad at clone checking that they have sold clones and fakes as real cards and stood behind their resellers who claimed the kits were the real deal.

We will attempt to contact Acekard to get the scoop on this new anti-counterfeit system and report back with any new information.

E-mail your thoughts:
Please send your thoughts and concerns to [email protected]. The more people who actually get involved the better chance we have of changing the code placement or perhaps adjusting it entirely by the addition of a .nds retrieval file.

Update from Team Acekard

The code is already being used on all AK products, and this includes the smaller chipped AK2i which is now in production. The products should start to show up in the UK and USA in the next 1-2 weeks. The code will be unique to each product, entered into the larger database, and be created in a way that makes it near impossible to fake. The code is being placed under the sticker as this is currently the most popular way of anti-counterfeit code placement in China, something Team Acekard says will work out very well.

Thanks to Rydian for the news!​

icon11.gif
 Acekard Anti-counterfeit Check

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Cartmanuk said:
It wont work as fake companys will make it with an original code behind it.

not if each code is unique to each acekard, something i've asked them and something i assume they will reply YES to. in that case the cloners would need to get the database or build a code gen and try to find a handful of legit codes. it will all be more effort than it is worth. until the EON chipped clone there wasn't a really good clone of the acekard. i think acekard is banking on the fact that cloners are not an organized group of flash kit developers and instead are a few individuals looking for a quick buck. this might actually be enough to deter them.

it won't hurt to send a quick e-mail to acekard and express any thoughts or issues. ask for a .nds file, ask for the code to be included on a bit of paper, etc. [email protected]

-another world

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this system won't work. But its details have yet to be revealed so we can't really tell.

This is like if you forgot the combination for a lock and you entered the serial on the manufacturer's website and they told you the combo. Now that won't be smart because anyone could look at the serial number and to the same to open your lock.

Cartmanuk is correct, the clone card manufacturers will just place a code that's genuine on their fake cards.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had a feeling they would make each code unique. In which case it might work.

EDIT 2: I still don't like where the code is. The only way the reseller could tell whether his cards are genuine is through peeling off the sticker and you can't possibly do it to ALL the cards you get in stock.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
A NDS file could be reverse engineered and used to make "better" clones.

Hakoda said:
I still don't like where the code is. The only way the reseller could tell whether his cards are genuine is through peeling off the sticker and you can't possibly do it to ALL the cards you get in stock.
Resellers put the stickers on themselves IIRC

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
The Pi said:
Resellers put the stickers on themselves IIRC

it would depend on what level of reselling. the first one to get the card may have to apply the stickers. if that wholesale outlet does that and then ships out the card to say Real Hot Stuff, they would have cards with stickers already on them. this is the case, actually, as acekard no longer sells directly to overseas buyers. they are forced to go through a wholesale outlet who purchased from acekard.

-another world

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
maybe they should a code on the acekard and then match it with your cart. Then that code should be checked on the site as verified therefore if a code repeats that means of these numbers (or many) are fake. Still not the best solution...
or they could use DRM and have the acekard connected to the internet at all times or else shutdown (explosion if possible of the DS)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I imagine Team Acekard are taking a printed approach to this, because if the hardware/software itself has a unique ID to prove authenticity, this could be reverse-engineered.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Can't believe anyone cares about what a company is doing about other pirates pirating their device to allow pirates to pirate on a Nintendo device.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
Can't believe anyone cares about what a company is doing about other pirates pirating their device to allow pirates to pirate on a Nintendo device.
this explains the situation perfectly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1