acekard ak2 software vs AKAIO

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by picdriver, Dec 26, 2009.

Dec 26, 2009

acekard ak2 software vs AKAIO by picdriver at 2:24 PM (1,587 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. picdriver
    OP

Newcomer picdriver Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi all. Just a query as I'm a bit confused over something.

Bought a dsi & Acekard 2i. All games/saves work fine. Also made sure I didn't update DSi firmware from it's current 1.3 version for obvious reasons.

Anyway, apart from the games, I obviously also banged onto the MicroSD card the Acekard software ( version 4.18 (with _AK2 folder etc)). Now I'm seeing on this forum that there is something else with similar folders called AKAIO (got version 1.5 sat on my desktop)

Is there a difference between the Acekard & AKAIO software?

Cheers for any info.

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Basically AKAIO is generally regarded as superior dues to better rom compatability and faster updates. It's reccomended to use AKAIO. I can really compare it to the OF as I've only used AKAIO, in fact a few of us bought the AK2 just for AKAIO if that means anything to you.

You can also update your DSI to 1.4 as long you update the card with the Danny Phantom fix beforehand.

3. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    AKAIO's better. It's an unofficial FW for the Acekard. Normmatt, the coder, updates AKAIO within hours of a game's release. It takes Acekard much longer to release updates for the official firmware.

4. picdriver
    OP

Newcomer picdriver Newbie

United Kingdom
    Tnx for the responses Emigre & tattar8. Understand it perfectly now. As for the update, perhaps if there is a time I actually need it.

I understand the AKAIO version won't work with cloned Acekards & will assume the software I have on will. Guess it's gonna be one way to find out if mine's genuine or not. (plan to temp delete current software folder/file..replace with AKAIO one...if any probs in booting, reverse process back)

Tnx again.