Acekard 3

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by The Pi, Apr 7, 2010.

Apr 7, 2010

Acekard 3 by The Pi at 6:24 PM (4,310 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. The Pi
    OP

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    the iplayer is a card with good features but cant run roms
    the acekard 2i is the #1 card right now
    but the supercard dstwo will change this
    will team acekard respond with the "Acekard 3"

2. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    No idea, I'm ordering the Supercard but I'm using it for GBA games, and Acekard 2i for roms, I like Acekard, that's all there is to it. lol

3. EJames2100

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Only question I got about Supercard is if it will work R/S/E perfectly because of it's RTC(Assuming I got that right :/)

I'd assume so, look at how many R4 Clones there are, I bet a few Card companies have ordered them and will decrypt them and stuff and release their own version.
    Probably even some of the non-fake cards, yet they'd never admit it [​IMG]

4. The Pi
    OP

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    i wondered that too will the dstwo have rtc

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Might as well put a IR port on AK3, for them pokewalker users to send fake pkm files back to the legit game etc.

6. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    I think so, doesn't the DSONEi have it?

7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    IMHO I think a 'acekard 3' will actually be the next version that'll work on either the new 3DS (if it has yet another type of cartridge slot)
    OR the games system that follows, that doesn't have a 'slot-1'

Think about it.

> We originally had flashcards that worked on GBA (Slot-2)
    > Out come the DS with both slot-2 and a new type of slot (slot-1) for backward compatibility, flashcards were redesigned
    > Then the DSi came out - it has Slot-1 but NO slot-2 (instead a SD card slot)
    > When the 3DS comes out, we're pretty sure it'll have a slot-1 (for backward compatibility) BUT it MIGHT have a new slot for games that are '3D' (slot-x ?) - don't forget there was an article about Nintendo has put forward a patent for a new slot design
    > If the 3DS doesn't have a new slot - then the one that follows may do the same as the Dsi - remove the 'obsolete' slot-1 & have a totally different slot design - so flashcards need a new redesign - & this is where the acekard 3 may appear

8. EJames2100

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Shame, the Acekard 3Di sounded good [​IMG]

9. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    oh, great hopeflly the acekard3i will have rts and rtg [​IMG]

10. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    will use the same slot as the DS, the Ds cart doesnt need updating to work with bigger media, they can easily fit 2Tb(yes that big panasonic has a 2TB SD card in the works, its just not marketable yet) and should the Ds be cracked we wont need these extra CPU's in the cards to get emulation to work, as the gpu that powers the 3D screens can be used easily. thats providing the 3ds can be hacked, the DSI is proving quite strong at the moment, and the 3ds will have better secuity then aswell

11. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Your taking it of rumours and guesses, we know nothing so don't get your hopes up Acekard may quit the scene tomorrow or the 3DS might not be hackable or be difficult to so don't guess, wait until we know more

12. linkinworm

Member linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    well nintendo said its backwards compatable, theres no need to change the card format. its doubtful nintendo will makea duel slot system again, because it will save costs, and a company that sells so much wont just quit(acekard), also, the graphics card will be the tegra, very powerful GPU for mobile devices, the supporting CPU will obviously be more powerful, maybe just overclocked but still 1 in the same

13. Agent007

Member Agent007 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Unless the price is around $30 for the card .... I don't see it happening ... look at Cyclo ... Not compatible with DSi but has rts and rtg & you're paying about $45 for such a card. If AceKard WAS thinking of RTS & RTG, they would've done it ages ago; but due to the fact that most people don't WANT to pay for games ... and don't WANT to pay for such an expensive card ... they go with what works ... and what works best for a cheap cost.

14. Dter ic

Member Dter ic ~

United Kingdom
    mmm... you do have a point there, i sppose it'my own stupid obssesion with rts and rtg, tet i don't have the money for a cyclo [​IMG]

15. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    If they did release one is should just be called AceKard 3, not 3i, because it would be a totally new card.
    This would be similar to SuperCard, i.e. DSOne/DSonei -> DSTwo = AceKard 2/AceKard 2i ->AceKard 3.

16. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Personally to some extent i'd prefer if there wasn't an Acekard 3.

What i'd like instead is a modchip version which you could solder in internally. Because the DSi (So presumably 3DS) have a SD card slot, use that cart slot for storage instead of having it's own. Then it would be easy to transfer saves to and from the original cart, no MicroSD cart issues, No contact issues.

People are getting ahead of themselves, it could take years for the 3DS to be jailbroken. With flashcarts being as widespread as they are, I imagine Nintendo are taking a real serious look at how completely block them on the 3DS. Remember even the DSi mode hasn't been jailbroken yet.

17. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    You'd prefer the option of possibly bricking your DS compared to buying a custom cartridge and using that? Oh well, your choice.

I, on the other hand, prefer softmods. They're free, you know.

18. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    If there's anything I've learnt from watching the flashcart industry these past few years, is that cheapest usually wins out.

The Supercard DSTwo is expensive, at least more expensive than a Acekard 2i which is like $15.

Since Acekard 2i is currently amongst the cheapest and the best, I don't think it's position in the market is threatened, however it's popularity will only last as long as Normatt continues to work on AKAIO.

19. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Nah, there are cards that are cheaper than AK2 like DSTT, but they suck so they're not popular.
    The Supercard 2 is not just another CycloDS; it has features beyond imagination, yet it's still cheaper than the Cyclo. If the Supercard 2's quality is good, then the Acekard is finished.

20. geoflcl

Member geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

United States
    You're right. And quite frankly, it scares me to see the day that Normmatt gets so pissed off at all the R4 migrators that freak out every time a new game needs patched that he quits. That would mean the ultimate demise of the Acekard.

And if the Acekard 3 does ever see the light of day, I do wonder whether the AKAIO team will feel like remaking their OS to be compatible with it. I know they have it compatible with multiple cards now, but still. ... I guess it all depends on the structure of the new card. And their driving force, and...

Ohh, I'm thinking too hard. [​IMG]