Hacking Acekard 2i will not load

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I recently got an Acekard 2i from shoptemp. Unfortunately when I start it up with the sdhc card in it it gets stuck on the loading screen with the blue text saying loading. I assume it is because it can not read the sdhc card. However the card was flashed by shoptemp (but they could not be bothered to test it I guess), so that should not be the issue. I tried another sdhc card, different version of the firmware (both akaio and the offical latest versions) and it does not seem to be working. I am using a DS Phat but that should not be the issue.

Any ideas on how to solve this ? I assume it is a contact issue with the card but it is spring loaded and the sdhc card sticks firmly inside so I do not see a reason why this is happening ?

Thanks,

Nau

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aside from that post going to the wrong topic, anyone with comments ? I am pretty sure it comes down to the card not reading the SDHC card, and considering I tried two cards, and even the one that shoptemp supplied preloaded, I am guessing something is off with the card.

I would chalk it down to bad connectors, but appearently shoptemp updated the firmware, so if that was the case then that update would not have worked either. Aside form the possiblity of them shipping me a badly working card on purpose, I do not see what else could have happened.

I hope I end up being looking very silly and missed something obvious, sending it back and waiting for ages seems like a lot of hassle.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rasas said:
http://www.geckocodes.org/index.php?c=RMHJ08

There are plenty of other places to get codes and I'm not sure what they use for money so hopefully
Take infinite GI & collection [xtatu]
042091F8 38030000
04209204 38630000
is what your looking for.
Wrong topic.

ANyway, try formatting your SD card with panasonic formatter.

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately I am using a mac for which that does not work. I am aware of that weird issue with the mac disk utility formatting for the wrong type by default (although that was not in the faq for some reason). I even tried using a camera to format it and put the right files on it afterwards.

I even tried the tape trick but both the card and the sd seem to be sitting fine at their places.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can format it on a mac. disk utility. choose drive. Erase button on top. Volume Format = MS-DOS (FAT).

Use winrar to unzip akaio. one file "akmenu4.nds" and one folder "__aio" at the root. if it doesnt work then it will probably be the ak2 not reading the memory card

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did that multiple times with two SDHC cards (one Sony one Kingston). In neither case did it go beyond the loading screen. So that means that my Acekard is faulty ? I wish it gave some indication beyond the loading screen.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nau said:
Did that multiple times with two SDHC cards (one Sony one Kingston). In neither case did it go beyond the loading screen. So that means that my Acekard is faulty ? I wish it gave some indication beyond the loading screen.
It could possibly be contact issues.

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Nau said:
It could possibly be contact issues.

How would I solve that though ? I assume it is the contact between the SD card and the Acekard, as the Acekard itself is recognized fine. The SD card clips in well though the spring has some ridiculous force behind it so it could be when it clicks in it still is not in completely. I have tried the tape on the sd card trick but I did not see any difference. I tried to keep the card fully pushed in, beyond the slight bump back after the click but that does not do it either.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This sucks. I'm having the exact same problem with my old Acekard 2i, so I bought a new one from Shoptemp. I haven't got it yet, mind you, but if it arrives with the same problems...T-T

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my original acekard 2i ended up doing this. I couldn't found any solution (I even attempted cleaning the micro sd card slot contacts but to no avail), so I just ended up tossing it
frown.gif

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iluvfupaburgers said:
are you using a dsi? maybe the card needs the 1.4.1 fix. also try downloading AKAIO 1.6 or below that.
I am using the DS phat, so that should not be an issue. I will try some older AKAIO altough I did a couple of them already without any success. The issue is mysterious as I got the the card from Shoptemp with a fully set up mem card, which I assume they tested already.

My best guess is that the contact between the sd card and the Acekard2i is indeed faulty. Lets hope shoptemp gets back to me on this... it is a bit frustrating to say the least.

Edit: Just gave 1.6 a go, same issue.

Is this a common issue with the Acekard2i ? Just wondering if I should go for a replacement or a refund with it.

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I formatted it it shows up as fat 32 on the mac. I also tried formatting it using the camera in case there were "mac issues" with the same results.

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ron975 said:
Did you try cleaning the contacts and using the papertrick? Both the cart and the SDcard should be cleaned.

Is the paper trick useful here ? I know it is used if the DS does not recognize the Acekard but that is not the case here. It is just that the Acekard does not recognize the SD card. Is the paper trick also for that kind of problem (or some version of it) ?

I tried to the paper/tape trick on the sd card, it did not have any results.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is what you get by buying acekard2 the suppose holy grail of flashcard a acekard 2 bricked my ds lite the people at acekard still don't believed me that why i got a dstwo

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a few of them with that problem, and some that does not get detected even with paper trick or freezes in startup screen. Just send it back for a replacement, or contact AK team because they have a 1 year warranty.

Stevetry said:
is what you get by buying acekard2 the suppose holy grail of flashcard a acekard 2 bricked my ds lite the people at acekard still don't believed me that why i got a dstwo

I do not believe it bricked the DS lite. You can fix it with the bios swap trick if it is indeed bricked.. but it's more likely that the fuse blown

Nau

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wtfisausername said:
I bought a few of them with that problem, and some that does not get detected even with paper trick or freezes in startup screen. Just send it back for a replacement, or contact AK team because they have a 1 year warranty.

Just a quick question though. Could one update the firmware of such a card if it has this issue ? I am asking cause I got the firmware update done on the card (according to shoptemp). It would seem a bit fishy, to say the least, if they have done this update and did not notice that it can not read an sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.