Acekard 2i -tips to reduce battery drain?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by blackdogsrock, Jul 5, 2009.

1. blackdogsrock
    OP

blackdogsrock Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2009
    Hi there,
    Please don't flame me I have tried to do a search on this topic but couldn't find anything specific...

I'm a noob so please be nice.

Anyway. I have had my Acekard for a few days and note that it drains the battery much more heavily than before I used it.

I am playing the same sorts of games as before, and have the brightness on the lowest setting, WIFI turned off.

Are there any other suggestions you have that I can do to reduce the battery drain? I am using AKAIO on AceKard 2i, and have a 4GB SDHC card. I have the brightness set on 1 on both the DSi menu and AKAIO. Everything else is pretty much the same since AKAIO installed.

Ie prior to using the card, i could play my DSi for a full day or two before it needed charging. Now I can't even get a full day.

Cheers! [​IMG]

2. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    this might not be helpful at all, but I hardly noticed any difference in battery life when I use my Acekard2i and a retail cart...

3. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    full day which is 24 hours? where did you get your DS?! i don't mind having such DS

full charge my DS last me for 4-5 hours [​IMG]
    that depends on the games that i am playing

1 other tip.. make sure the volume is off

4. TheDestroyer

TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Masterâ„¢

May 5, 2009
    United States
    My Destroyed Village
    Go get as many reserve battery as you can.. hehe but i don't really recommend it though.. turning off the volume and making level 1 brightness is all you can do to save battery.. as for my experience that is...

5. blackdogsrock
    OP

blackdogsrock Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 5, 2009
    Sorry - not 24 hours... Yes I am getting about 4 hours from it, on lowest brightness setting. I think I got around 15 -20 before, which would last me 2 really full on days of gameplay. Sorry for confusion!

6. zero383

zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Vancouver - #1 City in Canada
    15-20 hours of play on a DSi? I highly doubt that. You were probably dreaming it. 4 hours is the average, get used to it.

7. Da-Bomb1

Da-Bomb1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2009
    Canada
    BC, Canada
    ...well, dunno if it's just me or not, but I found that my DSi only lasts for a few hours when it's asleep. Haven't really tested it with a retail game, since I don't feel like leaving it for a few hours just to test it, but it shouldn't be that short.

8. Agjsdfd

Agjsdfd My title

Apr 18, 2007
    Arctica
    You can try third party battaries, but I doubt that they would last any longer than normal battaries.

9. Kroganwrex

Kroganwrex Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2009
    I noticed a HUGE difference in battery time. It was at 10-12 hours before ak2i and when I started using ak2i It went down to 4-5 hours. (the 2nd brightest backlight (4 i think) and wifi usually off.

10. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Using quick save mode or even dma mode will drain your battery more than non dma mode (probably alot more).

11. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Down the road around the corner
    Did not know those 2 things were/are drainers thanks for the tip.