Acekard 2i SDHC Card?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by parkingsnot, Jul 5, 2010.

Jul 5, 2010

Acekard 2i SDHC Card? by parkingsnot at 8:18 PM (1,619 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. parkingsnot
    OP

Newcomer parkingsnot Newbie

United States
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I could find no better forum for it...

I'm buying a new Acekard and also looking for the best SDHC card I can get to go with it. I've a 4GB microSDHC Kingston and have had problems with computer compatibility with it but no NDS problems as far as I could tell. But since I'm looking to buy a new one, might as well get the best I can afford, eh?

What brand/size microSDHC would work best with an AK2i? I'm not willing to pay anymore than ~$50 for one. I have about 2gb worth of games, but I'm always adding to my library so capacity is a big deal for me. Any links to a reputable seller would be great!

2. viz

Member viz neckbeard

United States
  3. parkingsnot
    OP

Newcomer parkingsnot Newbie

United States
    Thank you for your response!

Is there any major difference between the speed classes that I should know about? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#Speed_Class_Rating)

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    As stated multiple times, speed class doesn't really matter as that only determines the possible write speed which is only useful to copying over games; its the read speed that matter. Usually any nice brand (not generic) MicroSDHC will have sufficient read speeds to load games.

5. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    As you live in the states, I would recommend looking at NewEgg.com.

Class 6 8GB MicroSD card for $20.99 + $2.99 shipping
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...1-351-_-Product

Class 6 8GB MicroSD card w/ microSD card reader for $22.99 + Free Shipping
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...8-460-_-Product

Better card then SimplyMods at lower prices and shipping costs. Can't go wrong there.

Recommendation: I have had very good luck with Transcend. AData seems to be good as well.

I know this is true, but buying a name brand Class 6 card will almost guarantee good/great read speeds. I have heard many Class 4 cards having issues with the Castlevania games. With Class 6 cards going for the same price (or a dollar or two higher then) Class 4 cards, why take the chance?

6. viz

Member viz neckbeard

United States
    ah newegg also gets my seal of approval

i always buy my pc parts from them, yet i neglected to remember them somehow

7. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Oh I didn't want to make it sound like "Get a class 2 card, everything will be great". If you have the chance to get a good Class 6 card without breaking the bank, go for it.

8. gumbyx84

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ah ok. Some people don't get it, hence my post.