KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Okay, I just got my Acekard 2i two days ago and decided to write a review. So, here you go!

KingdomBlade's Acekard 2i Review

12436253580.jpg

The Acekard 2i is a great DS/DSi flashcart, but let's look a bit further, shall we?

Packaging and Build Quality

The Acekard 2i has a cardboard box that looks pretty plain, the image is on the top. There are no freebies (disappointing), not even a Micro SD Card reader. And when you open the box, you see a card that is just like an Acekard 2.1 with an i on then end. It looks like this:
acekard2i-s.jpg

Because of the Actel chip, the card is has a significant bulge on the top. The build quality is quite flimsy and Micro SD Cards are hard to place and remove because of the spring loaded slot. The sticker looks like it could go off any second. The case is sealed shut and will not go off unless you have some sort of prying tool.

Score: 6

Ease of Setup

This is very easy to use. Just drag and drop the firmware. The AKAIO is better than the firmware so I used that. Games do not need to be patched, and no need for DLDI patching. Just place it. It also auto-trims ROMS which is very space saving.

Score: 10

Menu and Interface

The menu is very sleek and easy to use. With AKAIO, there were no lags, browsing through my games were a breeze. I tested a 4GB SDHC Transcend and a 2GB Ridata and a 2GB Kingmax. All worked perfectly. The start menu is intuitive, and the cheat system is great. Switching skins is a breeze, and there are tons to choose from.

Menu:
Akaio1.4.jpg
then another skin
AKAIO_Theme1.4.jpg

Browsing:
c2083dc934.gif

ROM Compatibility and Cheat Engine

I tried at least 30 different ROM's and they all worked. The cheat engine was great since it let me use at 7 different cheat databases. It was spectacular. No words.

Homebrew Compatibility

The homebrew compatibility was outstanding. The homebrew all worked perfectly without patching. (except Moonshell 2 and DS Dictionary which require patching) I tried at least 25 homebrew and they worked.

Score: 9.5

Support

The Acekard 2i has very frequent updates. The original firmware was just updated and AKAIO 1.5 will be released soon. More skins are coming and Normatt and the Acekard team are working very hard on everything. Props to you guys! You will find plenty of help threads and a Wiki. The forum is active and you can ask any questions there.

Pros:

Excellent Compatibility with everything
Very promising team
Lots of skins
Sleek and easy to use Menu
Easy to set up
Auto-Trim ROM's
Support music and texts directly
Can autoboot

Cons:

Flimsy Build Quality
Chance of Fake
Chance of Rip-off

Final Score: 9.5/10

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice review
smile.gif

I want an Acekard
frown.gif
Too bad I'm saving for a Cyclo... almost there...
I have one request.
Can you post pics of the original firmware? I can't find any on Google. Thanks
smile.gif

quick edit: Are there any differences between Acekards in boxes and plastic packaging?

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great review dude!
But the buiuld quality isnt so bad i mean if you compare to the acekard 2.1(ive seen it my friend has one)its way better
And yeah overall good review

ps im working on a review too
yay.gif

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst Review ever. Noobs you should read the official Review that gbatemp made its better.

edit: just joking good review. More up to date then the official one.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
OP
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
naglaro00 said:
Nice review
smile.gif

I want an Acekard
frown.gif
Too bad I'm saving for a Cyclo... almost there...
I have one request.
Can you post pics of the original firmware? I can't find any on Google. Thanks
smile.gif

quick edit: Are there any differences between Acekards in boxes and plastic packaging?

About your questions, the official one is the same looks, but AKAIO is better in functionality. They don't sell the ones in plastic anymore. They used to, but they shifted to cardboard. (maybe it was for the environment?)

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is the previous 44 version since my card does not have the bulge and it is the HWID: 81 version.
Also I believe you can en/disable the auto-trim system in the AKAIO settings.
I also jam the spring load down so that it i just pull out the Acekard and pull out the microsdhc card which prevents me from wearing out the spring.
tongue.gif

It is an overall good card and it does what it says.

SideNote:
I recently tried playing a couple of my old GBA carts through it by selecting the slot-2 icon and the games were displayed all messed up.
I reset the console, tried again, and it worked just fine. Not sure what caused that.

Maverick_Hunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm planning on getting one of these, but I'm a bit concerned about the chance of getting a fake...
The original review says it comes within a blister, and this review says it comes on a cardboard box...I could find only the cardboard box version...
Is it a problem?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Where did you get it from? Because very few places sell the older model that has the lump on the face of the cart now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Plus it's rarely young attractive people sitting naked on a bench outside Lidl drinking cider +1