Acekard 2i question on 3DS 2.1.0-4E

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LAA, Aug 11, 2011.

Aug 11, 2011

Acekard 2i question on 3DS 2.1.0-4E by LAA at 4:29 PM (1,489 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Hi,
    I recieved my acekard this morning, and added the AKAIO 1.8.7 firmware found on acekard's website.
    I also added the firmware update of AK2i for 3DS2.1 and DSi 1.4.3 using my DSL.
    However, I found the icon was that of a japanese game, which I was weary of using on my 3DS.
    I then tried downgrading to V2 of this update and it became chessmaster, however it still worked.
    I was wondering why this update worked if anyone knew? I thought it wasnt supposed to?

I was also wondering if there is any way to change the icon shown, as I would prefer using the latest update if I could use an english game.

2. LAA
    OP

Member LAA GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Erm... I think so. I'm not sure. When I first put in the card, it shown up with chessmaster icon and said I didnt have the correct system files. I then got AKAIO 1.8.7 from acekards website and the update ready to install, then downgraded later on, where I said why above.