Acekard 2i Problems

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Matthewjamos, Mar 22, 2011.

Mar 22, 2011

Acekard 2i Problems by Matthewjamos at 7:52 PM (1,841 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Matthewjamos
    OP

Newcomer Matthewjamos Newbie

United States
    Hey guys -
    INFORMATION:

System - DSiXL Super Mario Bros 25th Anniversary Edition
    System Version - 1.4.1
    Flashcart - Acekard2i (Shipped with 1.4.1 capabilities)
    Flashcart system files - AKAIO.1.8.6a
    MicroSD - 4gb Lexar
    Computer - Macbookpro using OSX snow leopard.

PROBLEM:
    (I've read many posts similar to this, but everyone suggests trying to do what I've already done.)

Up until today my acekard was working perfectly - I had about 4gigs worth of roms all working great. Then today I wanted to put a new game on cart but the SD card was full. First I deleted games that I wasn't playing anymore but my computer did recognize that space was being freed up on my SD card (I would delete a game and it would still show that I had the same amount of freespace remaining.) I thought, whatever I'll just copy all of the files currently on the SD card to the desktop, format the card and put them all back on with the new game I wanted. I formatted the card using Macs Disk utility and formatted it to FAT32. Then I threw all of my old sav files roms and the Akaio menus back on the SD card. when I booted the card in my DS I got the hated "System files not found" message!!! Oh no! I've tried reformatting the card and downloading new system files from Acekards site and just throwing the menu files on there with no games but still get the error. Anyone have any ideas? I'm going crazy without my DS!

Let me know if you need more information, and thanks for taking the time to read my post!

2. azntiger

Member azntiger GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Use the Panasonic Formater, there is a difference between the computer one and that one. And then try putting the system files back on. Might want to consider downloading it again. Also if that doesn't work try another micro SD card

3. Matthewjamos
    OP

United States
    Awesome, thanks for the speedy reply. I had a feeling that it might have something to do with they way it was formatted. However, I'm having trouble finding the Panasonic Formatter for MAC. Is there another similar program I could use? Or by any long shot, a chance you have a link to it? hehe

4. azntiger

United States
  5. Matthewjamos
    OP

United States
    As Always, I appreciate your help. But the Mac Download links appear to be broken and thus far my search for other SD card formatter for MAC has been fruitless. =(

6. azntiger

United States
  7. azntiger

United States
    If that doesn't work I don't know [​IMG]

8. Matthewjamos
    OP

United States
    I couldn't get the Panasonic program to work on my Mac so I'm about to go buy a USB SD card reader so I can download and use the program on my PC. I'll keep you posted.

9. Matthewjamos
    OP

United States
    Alright,

So i went out and bought a USB SD card reader so that I could use my PC to format the SD micro card. Once I formatted the drive, I redownloaded the AKAIO 1.8.6a files and placed them onto my SD card. Now when I load my "Alex Rider Stormbreaker" game I get past the "System files not found" issue.

Now I have a new error message - "Clone 5 It may not be a genuine Acekard. Please contact your vender or access our website: www.acekard.com "

10. azntiger

United States
    You probably have a clone then. What site did you order it at? Try Shoptemp.net it's Gbatemp's shop

11. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Wow you're living in the past [​IMG]