Acekard 2i 'No DS Card Is Inserted'

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Lightfunkyone, Jan 11, 2011.

Jan 11, 2011
  1. Lightfunkyone
    OP

Newcomer Lightfunkyone Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi all

I recently purchased an Acekard 2i from an internet supplier, it was in the new Christmas package (flashed for 1.4.1 DSI) and completely untouched, anyhow the DSL & DSI can't detect the card.

Any advice on what to do now?

2. Etalon

Member Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Morocco
  3. Lightfunkyone
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for the link.

to add to the question... even though it is not recognized as ' inserted' I am still able to flash it, and the chip ID shows as 0000 and not 0fc2f.....

4. Legaia

Banned Legaia Banned

Brazil
  5. Lightfunkyone
    OP

United Kingdom
    yep, been messing around with flashards for a while now, especially R4s, but this one won't show up even though it is flashable... I wonder if I have an Acekard 2.1 and not a 2i card...is the chip ID different?

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Maybe if you bothered to READ rather than expect a plain answer, you'd have it working now.

First off, the link says ACEKARD not AKAIO.
    Second, step 12 is probably what you're looking for.
    http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard

How are you able to flash it (it would require the Acekard to be running properly) if the DS says there is no card inserted?

7. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    if the chip ID is read as 0000 i am sure something with the hardware is shot and your card is faulty.
    You should get a reading for the chipID at least.

Also, how are you running the flash if your card is not detected?

8. Lightfunkyone
    OP

United Kingdom
    To both posts above ...I used the ak2ifw_update_141_DSL.nds file on an r4 inserted in my DSL, when run I swapped the r4 for the acekard and it recognized a flash card with a chip id: 0000 fw: 8181, it is fully flashable.

9. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I'd honestly suggest that you try the 'paper trick' where you put a slip of paper under the PCB and fold it over the label leaving a tab at the top.
    Boot your R4 and run the DSL update, swap for your AK2i when it asks and slightly pull up on the paper THEN continue with the firmware update.

10. dragonkid6

Member dragonkid6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So the DSL wont read that the flashcart is inserted or when you try to start the flashcart, it says to shutdown the system? Cause I got a christmas acekard 2i and it needed to be updated, it had the Danny Phantom logo and not Stormrider even tho the site said it would work on DSL fw 141.(The logo im talking about is the one that pops up on the DSi menu after you insert the flashcart.)

11. Lightfunkyone
    OP

United Kingdom
    no card detected, Ive tried it on 3 dsl's and 2 dsi's..all say no card inserted, strange how it can pop up when I use the Stormrider flash and it will complete process to 100% i've had about 8 of these acekards, this one is a dud. Like someone stated earlier ..maybe it's because the fw shows as 0000's... god knows

EDIT:
    Expertron has finally come through and accepted to exchange the card, good times!