Acekard 2i - loading message

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by brosmi, Dec 15, 2010.

Dec 15, 2010

Acekard 2i - loading message by brosmi at 1:23 PM (984 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. brosmi
    OP

Newcomer brosmi Newbie

Ireland
    I recently bought 2 acekard2i's from shoptemp.

I have 1 memory stick which contains

AKAIO 1.8.1
    moonshell
    ak2ifw_update_141_DSi.nds
    various games
    various mp3'3

I was able to put the memory card in each Acekard and run 141 firmware update

Now on the First acecard I can do everything

If I put the memory card into my second acecard then I can run moonshell & play music but if I select
    any game its displays 'Loading' message and does nothing.

Any ideas ?
    Any help much appreciated .

2. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    That seems...odd.

Have you definitely played the games that don't work on the second AK2i on the first one?

If yes since you're using the same mircoSD on both carts then obviously it's something with the second AK2i.

3. brosmi
    OP

Newcomer brosmi Newbie

Ireland
    Yes I only have have 2 games on the memory card and both play on first one and neither will play if I switch memory card to second one. I would have thought second acekard was faulty but o/s loads as does moonshell and I can play music or watch videos but hangs with either game.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    "loading" after the acekard has launched into AKAIO (or the native firmware) is the "loading" you see when you click on a .NDS file. if it is stuck at this point it is *usually* a contact issue between the acekard and the micro sd card. try re-seating the micro sd card a few times, as in take it in/out/in/out/etc. If this doesn't fix it, it might be a contact issue between the acekard and the nds unit. one of my ak2i cards looks fine in the nds firmware, after booting i often lose contact and games freeze. once i am able to get it seated just right in the nds it works just fine.

the problem here is that the acekard 2i has contact issues, well documented contact issues i'm afraid.

if its not a contact issue, make sure you have "loaders" in the loaders folder in akaio.

good luck!
    -another world

5. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    This happened to me a week or so ago. Just do what Another World says. Also, I found that lightly cleaning the contacts on the mSD card and the AK2i seems to fix it (certainly worked for me). I just used the shirt I was wearing, light rub, put it back in, and I'm back in business.

Best of luck on fixing the problem, and enjoy.