Hacking Acekard 2i Issues

TobieZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am having problems with my Acekard 2i, which I received only yesterday. I installed Akaio 1.8.5 and it was working perfectly, until today. I restarted my DSi after playing a game, and the DSi seemed to have stopped recognising the card. The icon was blank and there was no title, whereas until then it had the Alex Rider title and logo.

I've tried formatting the SD card which didn't work, then I tried a different SD card. This didn't work either, it still wasn't being recognised. I tried it in a DS Lite, it worked the first time but upon restarting the DS Lite wouldn't recognise it either.

I've tried loading the Ak2 firmware (ak2fw_update_141_dsl.nds) from an R4 on the DS Lite, when it gets to the blue update screen and it asks you to eject and reinsert the card, I took out the R4 card and put in the Acekard 2i. But when I press B to continue, it stays on the same screen and nothing changes.

I've also tried the paper trick in case it was a contact issue but it has made no difference.

Hope someone can help, I'm getting quite frustrated with it.

Cheers!

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Oh.

I guess you need to open your Acekard.

It shouln't freeze at Art Acedemy

fakeEONchip.JPG

http://www.acekard.com/news.php
http://gbatemp.net/t278191-fake-eon-chipped-acekard-2i

Another problem: There might be a contact issue between the Acekard and your mSD. Try to clean the contacts.

112345veronica

Trophies
XP
Country
card might need to be reflashed with a working acekard 2i and eject before run the updates for 1.4 and 1.4.1 and put in the non working without sd card

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
112345veronica said:
card might need to be reflashed with a working acekard 2i and eject before run the updates for 1.4 and 1.4.1 and put in the non working without sd card
Using the 1.4.1 DSL Firmware Update on a DSLite/DSPhat (NOT the DSi version!) you can use ANY card to start the updating process.

And the DSi and DSL versions of the Firmware Update are the EXACT SAME other than the DSL asks you to swap cards, the DSi flashes the card it is run from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I'm curious.... Is PCSX2 compatible with normal web cams emulating the EyeToy....