Acekard 2i issues

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 4am, Oct 14, 2009.

Oct 14, 2009

Acekard 2i issues by 4am at 8:43 PM (900 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. 4am
    OP

Newcomer 4am Newbie

United States
    Hello. I just bought an Acekard 2i and updated it with the FW 1.4 fix. I am using AKAIO 1.5 and my DSi is upgraded to 1.4

Nearly EVERY game I try to play from my SD card will load and play fine but then when I open the game again, it tells me my save is corrupt and will be erased. This has happened on Mario Kart, Tetris DS and other games.

I formatted my sd card using windows 7 in FAT 32 format. Not sure if it really is necessary to use panasonic's formatter?

Anyway, I am also often having the problem where I close my DS and then when I reopen it to resume from save mode, it just shuts off. This has never happened with an official game but happens very often when anywhere in the AKAIO menu or after loading a game.

Any help is much appreciated. I've googled all day.

Thanks!
    -Heather

2. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    Using the panasonic formatter is a good idea, that way you can say you formatted it 100% properly.
    format it using all the options, not the quick format - it's more complete.

3. flusflus89

Newcomer flusflus89 Advanced Member

Aruba
    Yeah... Since the very first day I bought my AK2i I formated my SD card with the panasonic formatter and never had any issue whatsoever. Awesome cart.

4. iFish

Member iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    i have had the ds shut off in sleep mode in a real game ninty fixed it free i personally didnt formate jsut riped the edge stuff off and out the akaio on it and it worked but if you have problems try the formater couldnt hurt and windows takes some data when formating

5. 4am
    OP

Newcomer 4am Newbie

United States
    Thanks. I did format with the Panasonic formatter and so far no issues... Fingers crossed... it's only been a couple hrs and I'm at work so haven't used it a ton. I also changed the save format to .nds.sav - not sure if that has anything to do with it but so far, no corrupt saves. As for sleep mode shutoff, I need to do more testing. I'll post back later if it's working or not. Thanks!