Hacking Acekard 2i issues

4am

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I just bought an Acekard 2i and updated it with the FW 1.4 fix. I am using AKAIO 1.5 and my DSi is upgraded to 1.4

Nearly EVERY game I try to play from my SD card will load and play fine but then when I open the game again, it tells me my save is corrupt and will be erased. This has happened on Mario Kart, Tetris DS and other games.

I formatted my sd card using windows 7 in FAT 32 format. Not sure if it really is necessary to use panasonic's formatter?

Anyway, I am also often having the problem where I close my DS and then when I reopen it to resume from save mode, it just shuts off. This has never happened with an official game but happens very often when anywhere in the AKAIO menu or after loading a game.

Any help is much appreciated. I've googled all day.

Thanks!
-Heather

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Using the panasonic formatter is a good idea, that way you can say you formatted it 100% properly.
format it using all the options, not the quick format - it's more complete.

flusflus89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... Since the very first day I bought my AK2i I formated my SD card with the panasonic formatter and never had any issue whatsoever. Awesome cart.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have had the ds shut off in sleep mode in a real game ninty fixed it free i personally didnt formate jsut riped the edge stuff off and out the akaio on it and it worked but if you have problems try the formater couldnt hurt and windows takes some data when formating

4am

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I did format with the Panasonic formatter and so far no issues... Fingers crossed... it's only been a couple hrs and I'm at work so haven't used it a ton. I also changed the save format to .nds.sav - not sure if that has anything to do with it but so far, no corrupt saves. As for sleep mode shutoff, I need to do more testing. I'll post back later if it's working or not. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y