Acekard 2i issue

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Quaxelbaby, Mar 30, 2010.

Mar 30, 2010

Acekard 2i issue by Quaxelbaby at 11:36 AM (3,148 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Quaxelbaby
    OP

Newcomer Quaxelbaby Member

Central African Republic
    My Acekard 2i seems to refuse to work on my DSi, despite the Danny Phantom icon appearing on the... hub of the DSi, or whatever. When I try to boot the Acekard I get a red screen that says "It may not be a genuine Acekard". Well, that can't be good. However, then I put the Acekard in my DS Phat instead, and it booted up effortlessly and was running AKAIO 1.6RC2. What gives? I reckon it can't be fake, then, but damned if I know why it's only working on my DS Phat. I'd really appreciate some help here.

2. anton134

Newcomer anton134 Advanced Member

Australia
    well, the problem you might have there is that your acekard 2i might be a fake!
    all fake ak2i's don't support the AKAIO firmware.
    try again by getting the official firmware and replacing AkAIO 1.6rc1.
    hope i helped!

3. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    There's a thread going on trying to discover exactly what's a fake and what's not, mainly based on HW & Circuit board colour

If you CAN run AKAIO - find out what the HW: number is ( [Start] > help )

Also give detail of the colour of the PCB (or circuit) board (there's 2 way to determine the colour without breaking it open
    1) Look at the edge connection - you should see a thin coloured strip just above the copper bits
    2) Take out the micoSD card & look in the slot

If the HW & PCB colour don't match what mentioned on the first post here It most probably is a fake - but you can always ask in that thread to confirm