Acekard 2i from RealHotStuff - compatible with DSi XL correct?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by MBison, Apr 10, 2010.

1. MBison
    OP

MBison Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    Looking to buy an XL (have a lite) and want a flashcard that is compatible. From looking at several posts, I'm pretty sure it should be fine but just want to verify.

If I get a Acekard 2i from Realhotstuff, I should be good to go on a new DSiXL right? Realhotstuff says it is updated to firmware 1.4 which I believe is all that is needed to make sure the Acekard 2i can work on the XL, correct?

Lastly, from Acekard vets.. I currently use a CycloDS Evolution for my lite. How much of a learning curve will be necessary to get comfortable with the Acekard?

Thanks for any assistance.

2. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Yes it will work.
    Acekard is simple too youll get used to it soon.

3. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    The acekard 2i works fine on the DSiXL, and if it arrives pre-updated for 1.4 then even better.

I have the CycloDS also, you find the change over simple.

4. MBison
    OP

MBison Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    Thanks a lot guys.

Is there a compatibility list for Acekard somewhere?

5. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    At the moment every game works, be sure to install akAIO as teh firmware for best results

6. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    There's no reason to by from ReahHotStuff or to pay their over inflated prices

LeedMod (Based in the US) have it for $17.99 + $2.15 Shipping preupdated to 1.4. No one on here has posted that the've received a clone from LeedMod, the same can't be said for RealHotStuff.

There has been a lot of positive feedback about LeetMod on here lately.

0ShippingZone (Based in Hong Kong) are also known to update their Acekard 2i's to 1.4 before shipping.

7. TheWingless

TheWingless Wafuu~

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    That doesn't mean you can get it returned. I'm sure I've heard of them gladly taking returns if you got a clone.

8. MBison
    OP

MBison Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    just for curiosity, how do I know if I receive a clone?

9. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Copy akAIO 1.6 RC2 to your card if the menu loads up its real but if its a clone you will get an error saying you card is fake [​IMG]

10. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    For 1, you will not be able to run AKAIO

11. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
    While true, but why bother in the first place when LeetMod are $4-$5 cheaper and also based in the US? The recent LeetMod thread is here and people have been happy with them, quite a few have brought from them recently. Because they give you the option of having the Acekard 2i shipped with or without the 1.4 update, you know 100% it's not a clone.

The clones come preupdated to 1.4 and won't run the Firmware update tool.

12. MBison
    OP

MBison Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    Rockstar, so when I get it I should install akAIO and by "firmware" you mean the 1.4 firmware, which should be pre-installed by the retailer if it says so, right?

13. TheWingless

TheWingless Wafuu~

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    I suppose so. I just thought I'd point it out in case he did decide to buy from there. Their service has been pretty good from what I know.

14. omgpwn666

omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    Florida
  15. MBison
    OP

MBison Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    sort of off topic question, but for those who have the DSiXL, does the 93% larger screen degrade graphical quality to any great / annoying extent? Saw one review of someone complaining, but I imagine it was just the exception.

16. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    No it doesn't degrade graphical quality, you will be impressed, the larger screens really make a difference.

17. MBison
    OP

MBison Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for all the speedy and helpful replies, really appreciate it.

18. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    Hell yeah i enjoy them so much that I never want to even look at a ds lite/phat/i again

19. iamthemilkman

iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2010
    United States
    RealHotStuff and SimplyMods are the real deal. Those are the 2 online shops I order from and they've offered legit goods each and every time.

20. iwakura

iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

Jul 20, 2006
    United States
    California
    Simplymods dropped their prices too. Cheaper than anywhere in the usa now..and comparable with china stores like shop temp [​IMG]