Acekard 2i broke, considering getting a different flashcart

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by FatalX, Apr 7, 2011.

1. FatalX
    OP

Newcomer FatalX Member

Canada
    I loved my Acekard, I had no problems with it, the only issue is that the card just won't be read anymore by my DS. When I look at the golden pins I see some green stuff on it, and it takes forever for me to try to start it up, and even when I do start it up it freezes frequently. So I decided it's time to get a new one.

At first I decided to simply get a new Acekard, but I've been wondering if now there are better flashcarts out there? I bought my Acekard over a year ago, when everybody was saying it was the best flashcart out, but now I've been reading about this Supercard DSTwo and I'm interested in it.

Is the Supercard's game compatibility just as good as the Acekard's? I'm also interested in the GBA Emulator on it, is it reliable? Does it play GB games, or just GBA games? Does it work well? Also the SNES Emulator.

Would you recommend that I get a Supercard instead of a new Acekard?

2. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The Supercard DSTwo's game compatibility far exceeds any other flashcarts, even the AKAIO firmware.
    It can intelligently circumvent anti-piracy, even in day one releases 99% of the time.

The GBA emulator is pretty nice, games will play with a bit of frameskip and mostly flawlessly. There are examples of games that don't work like Golden Sun or Super Mario Advance 4, but it's mostly good stuff. Don't expect too much of it though, but I have cleared a game of Castlevania Aria of Sorrow 100% on it.

It also has a pretty nice SNES emulator going for it, likewise it has some frameskip and is much more compatible than SNEmulDS.

On top of that, the DSTwo has a sweet real-time menu for games where you can use savestates, toggle cheats, view .txt and .bmp files and toggle slow-mo.
    It even has a dedicated video player and document reader.

Seriously, Supercard DSTwo is definitely the way up if you're looking to improve on your old Acekard, I made the switch some time ago and haven't looked back.

3. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Go with the Supercard Two, period. If you want any other card other than the Acekard 2i, go with the Supercard Two

4. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    You ever think about trying to clean your contacts and save yourself money o.0?

5. WigWrm

Member WigWrm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm with jurassicplayer. It might not hurt to scrub the contacts with an isopropyl alcohol solution using a cotton swab. It should remove most of the gunk built up on the contacts. Certainly cheaper than having to buy a new cart.

6. FatalX
    OP

Newcomer FatalX Member

Canada
    Thanks for the tips guys, and yeah I tried cleaning it many times.. I think it actually made it worse [​IMG] The pins have some indented marks and scratches, the game is hopeless it can't be cleaned no matter how hard I try.

7. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Have you tried cleaning the contacts of your DS (what DS is it anyway DSlite/DSi etc ??)
    perhaps those contacts have gunk on them

Also - if your contacts have a groove/mark in them - & if you have a VERY steady hand - you could try using some conductive paint onto the card contacts (after you've cleaned them that is) to 'fill in' the grooves & perhaps give a better contact surface. You might only need a small 'blob' on the edge of the contact