acekard 2i boot direct to homebrew

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rflores2323, Sep 1, 2011.

Sep 1, 2011
  1. rflores2323
    OP

Newcomer rflores2323 Member

United States
    I was wondering how to boot direct into homebrew using an acekard 2i?? Currently I have to hit the chess icon to go into the homebrew and it loads up. Is there a way to just boot direct when powering up?

THanks

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Not anymore...I don't think, I assume you're using a 3DS for this, unfortunately I think they got rid of the autoboot feature. If you want it to boot directly to the cartridge, get a DS lite.

EDIT: Also, are you talking about booting into the AKAIO menu or an actual homebrew application? If the former, ignore the rest of this. If the later, boot the flash card, hit "Start" on the touch screen, press the arrow in the top left corner of the touchscreen to a page called "Default Patch Options". Once there, you should see an option called "Autorun". When enabled, when you load the Flashcard from the 3DS menu it will automatically boot into the last application or game you launched.

3. rflores2323
    OP

United States
    yeah I wanted to boot direct to the AKAIO menu so show all the games. I didnt want it to boot to the main 3ds menu.

Anyway I can change the icon, currently a chess piece.

4. Fishaman P

Member Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    The AK2i cart itself will not normally autoboot on any system.

With DS Phats/Lites, there is a special trick involving removing the battery to get a true autoboot.

Otherwise, you can just enable AKAIO's autoboot, which it sounds like you already did.

5. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    You can't, as Fishaman P already stated. And you can't change the icon...well, you can but it involves editing the latest firmware update and changing..something or other, I'm not quite sure how to do it but I know that it's quite hard for a beginner (which is what you sound to be).

6. rflores2323
    OP

United States
    thanks guys for the replies. Appreciate it. Yes Im a noob as I just bought the 3ds for my daughter. I have however hacked my wii, atv2, and run xbmc as my home theater software, rooted my droidx, and jailbroke iphones so I know alittle bit around how to hack however this is new to me. Always learning something new and this forum seems to be awesome and with tons of information.

I downloaded the latest firmware with 1.8.8. is the latest icon the chess piece? I read somewhere that it was a bow?

Now off to read. AKAIO wiki

thanks for the help and Im sure I will be asking more questions. [​IMG]

7. omega59

Member omega59 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i use 1.8.8 and it is a chess piece.

8. rflores2323
    OP

United States
    ok I went into the settings option as per below
    select 'System Options', press the (L) button and next to 'Soft-Reset' select 'enabled'. Press (A).

I enabled soft reset and it works however I also enabled autorun. Now the 3ds keeps booting into the game that I had running.. I cant get back into the home screen to disable autorun.

How can I exit from game to homebrew homescreen?

found it.. had to hold down b when booting. will change autoboot off and leave soft reset. Thanks

9. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    Glad you got everything fixed but...I'd kinda like to inform you that just because you've done all of those things doesn't mean you know how to hack, it just means you're smart enough to follow tutorials [​IMG] Anyways glad we could help!

10. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    AKAIO is NOT "firmware", people use that term incorrectly all the time in the DS scene. AKAIO is the system software, and does not affect the unit (DSi/3DS) compatibility (which is where the icon comes into play).

The actual latest firmware is the bow-looking thing (it seems it's actually two boxing gloves).
    http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw...ds21_DSi143.zip

You need to put it on your MicroSD and run it like you would a game.

11. rflores2323
    OP

United States
    you are totally right on the hacking.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

ok another question. I just installed moonshell 2 (201002161705_moonshell210stable) and have a question. So do I have to run moonshell every time I want to play movies or listen to music? Is there a way to make the moonshell player the default player so that I can just navigate from the homescreen to my folder media and play direct from there. Currently I have a movie folder and it does not show any movies in the AKAIO homescreen. I have to run moonshell and then nagivate to the folder in moonshell.

Also I have three files showing on my homescreen from moonshell. Do I need all three of these? If I make moonshell the default player then can I hide these files somehow??

MoonShell2 Ver 2.10 stable RVCT3.1 [Build 794]
    MoonShell2 alternative Loader
    MoonShell2 Ver 2.10 stable RVCT3.1 [Build 794]

also is there a way to show movie thumbnails??

thanks for your help!
    Thanks for the help.

12. Tom Bombadildo

pip
    United States
    You have to run MoonShell every single time, you can't make it a default player, and there is no way to show movie thumbnails.

I believe you should keep all three files, but I don't think it's necessary...someone else can confirm that. And AFAIK there is no way to hide files.

13. rflores2323
    OP

United States
    Do you think the cyclo ievolution is an easier program to handle navigation for games and media? This 3ds is for my 6 yr old and Im thinking the acekard might be too difficult for her. what are your thoughts?

14. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    If you want a simpler UI, you could try MENUdo. It takes a bit of finesse to install it though. Certainly took me a few tries.

15. rflores2323
    OP

United States
    I really dont see any reviews on menudo. Do u have any screenshots

Edit: found screenshots in the DS section. thanks