Hacking Acekard 2 ver 2.1

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone around here reported just getting in an Acekard2 2.1 green, plastic box from DX

Edit: heh, there it is... FIRST post in this thread... 2.1 from DX

H4ndy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
saso-labs.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wonder how they can remove a microprocessor (the ProASIC) completely without breaking compatibility or updating the firmware.
Does anyone know which task the ProASIC has performed?

Maybe the new design uses less power to operate so there's a longer battery lifetime with this batch. Would be great ^^

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H4ndy said:
I wonder how they can remove a microprocessor (the ProASIC) completely without breaking compatibility or updating the firmware.

Maybe the new design uses less power to operate so there's a longer battery lifetime with this batch. Would be great ^^

I was wondering the same thing. The smaller chip I assume is under the epoxy blob is reminiscent of the R4
smile.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I believe DX is now in hand of the 2.1 versions with the MicroSD reader. IF you notice, DX has updated their pictures showing the new paper box, 2.1 sticker and alternate card reader.

I just ordered one...I'll post back when I get it (in like 3 weeks lol)

evilhomura89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Renegade_R said:
I believe DX is now in hand of the 2.1 versions with the MicroSD reader. IF you notice, DX has updated their pictures showing the new paper box, 2.1 sticker and alternate card reader.

I just ordered one...I'll post back when I get it (in like 3 weeks lol)
mine got shipped 2day, ordered 4 days ago @ 26 Sept...mayb will get it a weeks time
until then will post the pict for u guys

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kai445 said:
H4ndy said:

I was wondering the same thing. The smaller chip I assume is under the epoxy blob is reminiscent of the R4
smile.gif
The Actels are reprogrammable and thus the more expensive per-piece parts and less purpose driven (they use more power than the application demands.) One option is to make an ASIC "to order" that is single purpose and not reprogrammable, that does not have the power draw that is required for such features/unused gates and churn them out (the startup cost of such a venture is not small, minimum order quantities are usually very very large - which is probably why they and most others have been using Actels.) The "epoxy blob" is just another style of chip protection (instead of embedding the chip's die in a solid substrate which has tiny wires attached to the legs inernally, it is mounted directly to the PCB by super tiny wires and then covered in epoxy - again saving on cost and material), which is also cheaper to use in (very) large quantities but more expensive to initially contract.

So yeah, they would have basically "got rid" of absolutely nothing.

grahampark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I am looking for help I just received a v2.1 card and found that when I load the software I use on the older card and insert it into the DSi it comes up with the black screen and an error. The boot up items I have on the card are _ak2 and akmenu4.nds. The DSi currently has 1.3 on it an older version any help or links would be great

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
grahampark said:
Hi
I am looking for help I just received a v2.1 card and found that when I load the software I use on the older card and insert it into the DSi it comes up with the black screen and an error. The boot up items I have on the card are _ak2 and akmenu4.nds. The DSi currently has 1.3 on it an older version any help or links would be great

Firmware 4.21 is for both AK2 & AK2i carts.
AK2 (2.1) is for DS (fat & lite)
AK2i is for DSi/DSlite/DSfat

So if U QUOTEreceived a v2.1
your DSi can't work with it.

Anyway I sugest to upgrade DSi to higher version ie. 1.4
usefull finks:
AK2 2i setup
setup-guide-update-acekard2i-firmware-dsi-14

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users