AceKard 2 save

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by thedarkfreak, Aug 13, 2008.

Aug 13, 2008

AceKard 2 save by thedarkfreak at 5:08 AM (2,180 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. thedarkfreak
    OP

Newcomer thedarkfreak Newbie

United States
    Is there anyway to get an AceKard 2(with AKAIO firmware) save converted to a raw format? I can't seem be able to.

EDIT: Nevermind, it does save raw. I thought it did. The only thing that threw me off was it making all files 512K.
    EDIT2: Crap, still having problems.

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    http://shunyweb.info/convert.php

Choose Acekard 2 as the input, and RAW autodetect as the output, or if you know what size it should be, you can force a size [​IMG]

3. thedarkfreak
    OP

Newcomer thedarkfreak Newbie

United States
    Still having problems. See, the game I'm using it with is Animal Crossing: Wild World. I'm trying to use the AnimalMap editor, but no matter what, when the save comes from my AK2, it always says "bad checksum or mirror copy", but it loads in the game just fine.

4. slag

Newcomer slag Newbie

United States
    Did you (or anyone else) ever figure this one out?

I'm having the same trouble. At first I thought it was because I was using a dump of ACWW v1.1 (US), but I have the same issue with ACWW v1.0 (US).

I copy the .sav file from the Acekard, then try to open it in acmapedit08. "bad checksum or mirror copy"

Tried trimming the 512kb sav file to 256kb (using a hex editor), also tried converting using the tool posted by Joey above. Nothing works.

5. slag

Newcomer slag Newbie

United States
    I found a way to "fix" Acekard 2 saves for use with Animal Map.

You'll need Animal Map, Maxmap, and the demo towns for Animal Map (or any other sav file that Animal Map can load.)

1) Execute MaxMap and load up a demo town (or any sav that you are able to open in Animal Map.)
    2) Save the map from the demo town by clicking the Save button on the bottom left-ish (extension should default to *.acww)
    3) Close MaxMap.
    4) Execute MaxMap and this time, load up your AceKard sav.
    5) Load the demo town's *.acww file that you saved in step 2. Click "SAVE CHANGES" to write the new map to your AceKard save.

Now you can open your AceKard sav in Animal Map! It will still be loadable by your Acekard when you're done editing. (Although if you save the game on your AceKard, you'll probably have to repeat this process for future edits.)

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Moved to appropriate section!

7. slag

Newcomer slag Newbie

United States
    Even simpler:

1) Execute MaxMap and load your AK2 sav.
    2) Save the map (*.acww) by clicking the Save button.
    3) Load the map you just saved.
    4) Click "SAVE CHANGES"

You can now load your AK2 sav in acmapedit. Note that saving the game on your AK2 will make the sav unusable by acmapedit again (bad checksum or mirror copy) but at that point you can just repeat this process if you want to do further editing.