Acekard 2 problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Cueball7978, Dec 16, 2009.

Dec 16, 2009

Acekard 2 problem by Cueball7978 at 9:21 PM (739 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Cueball7978
    OP

Newcomer Cueball7978 Member

United States
    I just got my second Acekard 2 for my ds and i set it up when its in the ds it says no ds card what am i doing wrong the second time that i didn't do the first

2. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Dont understand what you mean...

Try more times to reinsert it, slightly press the card (not too strong), maybe there are "free" contacts...

3. Cueball7978
    OP

United States
    still nothing i wonder if its my ds

4. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Post some more infos what did you do, step by step, more infos about HW / SW you use...
    (maybe it is dead, maybe bad contacts between SD and AK, or AK with DS - there are many possible reasons)

5. Cueball7978
    OP

United States
    i used micro to sd adapter dragged and dropped the _ak2 file and akmenu4.nds file and release_note.txt and made a games file and dragged and dropped games in

6. mewtwo-EX

Newcomer mewtwo-EX Member

United States
    So...you have 2 AceKards and set them up the same. One works, one does not. Is this correct?

Assuming yes, try putting a couple folds of paper on the label side of the non-working card and see if it fixes the problem. If available, try it in another DS.
    Also important, are you using a DSi? If so, you need the AceKard 2i version.

The above are hardware related tests, as it seems that your software is OK/not the problem. To test this, try swapping your uSD cards. If the non-working one now works, it's the software on the uSD.

Also, I highly suggest you use the AKAIO software instead of the official firmware. Check the wiki for reasons why (stickied on this board)