Acekard 2 back on at DX

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ShAdOwFuRi, Jan 20, 2009.

Jan 20, 2009

Acekard 2 back on at DX by ShAdOwFuRi at 1:02 AM (6,085 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ShAdOwFuRi
    OP

Member ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    So, after a long wait. The much loved Acekard 2 is finally back on the marked at Dealextreme. However, according to the site the day on which they will be first shipped is 23 days from now! That's around February the 13th...

I think that the majority of these will be the new blue pcb type, with the exception of a few black pcbs which would needed to be cleared due to excess materials.

Still, it's a good thing that the cheapest dealer of Acekards around has it back to some extent...

2. CoconutCake

Member CoconutCake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Glad I already got mine, it came 2 days ago. :-P

3. luan87us

Newcomer luan87us Member

United States
    what is the different between black pcb and blue pcb? I got a Acekard2 and it has black pcb but it has a new case (spring loaded, no lock, sd card is hidden). Been working like charm for me.

4. Taza

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Original Acekard 2: Notorious for breaking due to FAT error.
    Green Acekard 2.1: Original Acekard 2 with a quickfix to the problem.
    Black Acekard 2.1: Redesigned version which doesn't have the problem at all.
    Blue Acekard 2.1: Yet-again redesigned version, which is less sensitive to physical damage.

5. luan87us

Newcomer luan87us Member

United States
    mine is black pcbs but it has all new case like the blue pcb version.

6. ShAdOwFuRi
    OP

Member ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Wow, that's the first I've heard of that, I understand tehre was a green pcb version in a glued case just before the blue pcb version, but I have yet to hear of a black pcb version with a glued case as you've described.

Is there any chance that you could post any pictures?? =]

7. Chaykin

Newcomer Chaykin Advanced Member

Poland
    Wow! That means that the Acekard team isn't making anymore those shells with clips. :-) It is also the first time I've heard about a black PCB version in new shell. Post pics please. :)

8. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I believe there's another thread about it... look around...

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the original green 2.0 fixed and rebranded as 2.1 are all sitting in a trash bin, according to what acekard told me. the old shell ships with the black pcb and forest green pcb. both are the new design, without the chip, and the spring mounted msd slot. the new case that is glued and does not have clips ships with the black pcb, forest green pcb and blue pcb. the black and forest green 2.1's have had the spring removed for the new case. the blue pbc has less on board memory for saves (1k i think) and does not have a spring.

all versions run the same. even the fixed 2.0's should not cause any problems. you will not see issues with the smaller amount of memory but it does make features like RTS impossible to implement.

-another world