Hacking Acekard 2 back on at DX

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, after a long wait. The much loved Acekard 2 is finally back on the marked at Dealextreme. However, according to the site the day on which they will be first shipped is 23 days from now! That's around February the 13th...

I think that the majority of these will be the new blue pcb type, with the exception of a few black pcbs which would needed to be cleared due to excess materials.

Still, it's a good thing that the cheapest dealer of Acekards around has it back to some extent...

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the different between black pcb and blue pcb? I got a Acekard2 and it has black pcb but it has a new case (spring loaded, no lock, sd card is hidden). Been working like charm for me.

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Original Acekard 2: Notorious for breaking due to FAT error.
Green Acekard 2.1: Original Acekard 2 with a quickfix to the problem.
Black Acekard 2.1: Redesigned version which doesn't have the problem at all.
Blue Acekard 2.1: Yet-again redesigned version, which is less sensitive to physical damage.

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taza said:
Blue Acekard 2.1: Yet-again redesigned version, which is less sensitive to physical damage.
mine is black pcbs but it has all new case like the blue pcb version.

ShAdOwFuRi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
luan87us said:
Taza said:

Wow, that's the first I've heard of that, I understand tehre was a green pcb version in a glued case just before the blue pcb version, but I have yet to hear of a black pcb version with a glued case as you've described.

Is there any chance that you could post any pictures?? =]

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
luan87us said:
Wow! That means that the Acekard team isn't making anymore those shells with clips. :-) It is also the first time I've heard about a black PCB version in new shell. Post pics please. :)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
the original green 2.0 fixed and rebranded as 2.1 are all sitting in a trash bin, according to what acekard told me. the old shell ships with the black pcb and forest green pcb. both are the new design, without the chip, and the spring mounted msd slot. the new case that is glued and does not have clips ships with the black pcb, forest green pcb and blue pcb. the black and forest green 2.1's have had the spring removed for the new case. the blue pbc has less on board memory for saves (1k i think) and does not have a spring.

all versions run the same. even the fixed 2.0's should not cause any problems. you will not see issues with the smaller amount of memory but it does make features like RTS impossible to implement.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: