True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Been looking to try these games after watching the Assault Horizon trailer.
Should i get both? Or should just go for one of them? Maybe Joint Assault?
Does story play a important role?

Also, this is completely offtopic, but it doesn't deserve a topic of its own in my opinion:
How do i take screenshots ingame, i have Pro-B7 if it helps? Where are they saved?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I found Ace Combat X to be the better of the two games, but they're both fine choices in their own ways. I found X2 to be more difficult. Stories are your standard Ace Combat fare, evil army secretly backed by evil corporation takes over your country, kill dey ass. They both have tonnes of unlockable stuff and missions and replayability.

The deciding factors are whether you have any taste for multiplayer. If you do then X2 is the way to go. If not, I'd stick with X. Also, maybe it's just me but the controls in X2 were a minor problem because you couldn't make minor adjustments with the D-Pad as it's now assigned to giving commands to your team-mates. It made precision flying a little more difficult but it's not a big deal.

Reactions: AncientBoi

LeahLuvsYou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meh, due to the PSP's controls precision flying is pretty hard in BOTH games... still, both of them are great if you're looking for your standard Ace Combat game.

but if you're a veteran on the console versions and like to pull off complicated high-g loops and rolling scissor maneuvers like a BAMF you might be a little disappointed... if you're the type who just puts the nose at the bad guy and spams missiles, then you won't mind much.
tongue.gif

and what's this, there's a third game???
ohmy.gif

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I expected to fail in the first mission on X2, but i am already up to the 8th instead @_@
And here i kept crashing to the ground in the second mission on X1, even on easy modo.
This one is just epic however, the amount of tension and the mechanics, they just kick ass.
I am even liking the story, even though its pretty simple.

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
LeahLuvsYou said:
and what's this, there's a third game???
ohmy.gif

on ps3 and 360 this new one

im hyped it looks great dog fights! (less about the actors and cinematic stuff for storyline.. good ol text mission briefing would do for me) used to love the first 3 on my old ps1 not played another since.. maybe i do good to check those available on psp

LeahLuvsYou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gundam Eclipse said:
I expected to fail in the first mission on X2, but i am already up to the 8th instead @_@
And here i kept crashing to the ground in the second mission on X1, even on easy modo.
This one is just epic however, the amount of tension and the mechanics, they just kick ass.
I am even liking the story, even though its pretty simple.

Ace Combat always delivers a great story!

koimayeul said:
QUOTE(LeahLuvsYou @ Jul 19 2011, 11:52 PM) and what's this, there's a third game???
ohmy.gif

on ps3 and 360 this new one

im hyped it looks great dog fights! (less about the actors and cinematic stuff for storyline.. good ol text mission briefing would do for me) used to love the first 3 on my old ps1 not played another since.. maybe i do good to check those available on psp

Ohh I see. I thought you guys meant for PSP.

And at the VERY least play Ace Combat 5: Unsung War. It's widely hailed as the best game in the entire series.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021