Accidentally Updated to V9.7.0

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by 2DSHereHey, May 28, 2015.

1. 2DSHereHey
    OP

2DSHereHey Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2015
    United States
    Hey, i have 2DS and i've been using my gateway card just fine for a couple of months now. However, one of my friends was recently using my 2DS and accidentally updated my 2DS's firmware to V9.7.0. Is there anyway i could downgrade the System firmware back to 9.2 or lower? I have a NAND.BIN backup from when i first used the gateway card.

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You need a copy of your NAND and a nand mod installed or have it reflashed for you, your go to guy is hundshamer

hundshamer, Margen67 and 2DSHereHey like this.
  3. Arnold0

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    You can but you need to use an hardware nand mod to restore your nand.bin image to the system nand. If you can't do that mod yourself there is a few people which offer this service on this forum.
    EDIT :ninja:'d

Margen67, 2DSHereHey and Xenon Hacks like this.
  4. 2DSHereHey
    OP

2DSHereHey Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2015
    United States

Would this require a hardmod? Like would i have to open up my 2DS? And would you happen to know of any videos showing this NAND mod?

5. HtheB

HtheB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2006
    Netherlands
    Bize Her Yer Trabzon
    Yes. You can check out on youtube for a disassembly video of the 2DS.

Here in this thread, you can see the pinouts for the 2DS hardmod:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/2ds-nand-mod-downgrade.381872/

(You can also check out a 3DS XL Hardmod video on youtube to see what all these pinouts do)

6. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Hes one of the only people next to gamesquest1 who offer Nand mods his thread is here https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-unbricking-and-modding-services-now-with-custom-leds.362711/
    and yes a hardmod is your only option at this point or you can sell your 3ds and try to get another one. Also slap your friend or kick him in the balls for me :P

7. TheGrayShow1467

TheGrayShow1467 屈折

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    wow, kind of surprised no one has suggested Avalynn... she also offers nand mods (afaik)
    however you may want to wait for a bit

Margen67 likes this.
  8. 2DSHereHey
    OP

2DSHereHey Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2015
    United States

Thanks, honestly i can't believe how retarded he is. I even told him do not turn on the wifi, and what does he do? He turns on the fucking wifi!

Anyway, do you know how much getting someone else to hardmod it for me would cost? I honestly don't think i can do this myself.

WhoAmI? likes this.
  9. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    The info is right in his thread
    Prices are as follows (including return shipping with tracking within the US):
    $25 for unbricking service on both original and XL versions.
    $35 for a micro JST port and an SD adapter for an XL.
    $45 for a micro JST port and an SD adapter for an original 3DS.
    $55 for a micro JST port and an SD adapter for a New 3DS XL.

Margen67 likes this.
  10. Jedis

Jedis Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2009
    United States
    Did you have any issues when using a Gateway on a 2DS, when it was working? Bought one for my nephew.

11. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    Avalynn is not available for thee next few months because of some personal life events. She told me she'll return once she settles down, so she's out of the question. :(

12. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    That doesn't include the 2DS, though, he recently said in his thread that he'll mod 2DS systems for $55, same price as a N3DSXL.

13. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

Turning on the wifi does not automatically install the update. You should've put the child lock on that shit or better yet tell that foo "hands of my candy yams bitch, get your own".

14. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Considering a new 2DS can be found on sale for $80 it hardly seems worth it if there exploitable ones in the stores.

One problem with doing it yourself is a high quality iron will cost at least $55 and then time involved in practicing.

But I understand Hundshamer does quality work so your console will be in good hands if you go that route.