Hacking Accidentally updated SysNAND

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I launched the exploit, booted Gateway mode, went into settings, enabled wifi, made sure not to exit out of settings, went to System Update, and updated.

It rebooted and to my dismay, it was the SysNAND that updated.

I have a backup of my NAND. How can I restore it?

orochi115

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If you hadn't formatted emuNand when you booted into gateway mode, it was using SYSNAND, which you updated then.

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I launched the exploit, booted Gateway mode, went into settings, enabled wifi, made sure not to exit out of settings, went to System Update, and updated.

You need a nand mod on your 3ds. Did you update a n3ds? If so that rely blows, as it's much harder to nand mod I hear.

Somone with soldering skills needs to install a nand mod.

dap1mp13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems a lot of people get excited to see that the exploit works, as does the multi-rom menu when they first try this out, but are making the mistake of not actually formatting/creating the emuNAND partition....

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It seems a lot of people get excited to see that the exploit works, as does the multi-rom menu when they first try this out, but are making the mistake of not actually formatting/creating the emuNAND partition....
While it's sad, it's their own fault. I would never ever update my system if I didn't see GW3D in front of my firmware version. Apart from that I would never ever add legit WiFi-profiles to my SysNAND. There are many offline-methods available using your PC, router, tablet, phone, ...

mrGREEK360

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While it's sad, it's their own fault. I would never ever update my system if I didn't see GW3D in front of my firmware version. Apart from that I would never ever add legit WiFi-profiles to my SysNAND. There are many offline-methods available using your PC, router, tablet, phone, ...

I wouldn't blame the consumers, I blame gateway for not uploading a detailed setup video, instead they rely on the community to make them, but most people don't think to check youtube, and when they do there wasn't any videos for until hours after the launch. IMO this release is a buggy mess, I could never recommend a gateway for n3ds ATM especially for the average gamer who isn't tech savvy.

IMO if you did this with a N3ds, forget the nand mod and just get a sky3ds, imo it's much better then buggy gateway 3.1. Sell your gateway for a profit locally, you can easily sell it for 100$ as people don't like to wait and 150$ if you set it up for them with games as the majority of gamers have no idea how to use a gateway and they don't care to learn. Then purchase a sky3ds for 70$, (what I paid) and your done.

You don't need gateway for homebrew anymore and if you are on firmware 9.2 or lower you can even get regiom free. So then eal benifit of gateway was the multi rom menu but the process to get gateway running on a n3ds is to slopy imo, and now the sky 3ds has becomes the cart that's faster and easier to use.

The only real downside of the sky3ds is the lack of eshop game support, like virtual console games but sky3ds is trying to find a fix with this. Sky3ds also works on any firmware version and with any 3ds console.

Anyone who recommends Gateway for the N3DS over sky3ds to friends who never hacked a thing in their life, then you are doing them a disfavour and will most likely brick/update their systemnand. When gateway was the only kid on the block, sure but now nope.

Reactions: bowser

greeeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sometime GW3D X.X refused to show up

I end up formatting/creating the emuNAND partition 3 times row before GW3D X.X show up

Sell Gateway just because beta have bugs?
Someone can't think beyond today......

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't blame the consumers, I blame gateway for not uploading a detailed setup video, instead they rely on the community to make them, but most people don't think to check youtube, and when they do there wasn't any videos for until hours after the launch. IMO this release is a buggy mess, I could never recommend a gateway for n3ds ATM especially for the average gamer who isn't tech savvy.
If people aren't able to research what they're buying and how it works, they shouldn't buy a flashcard at all. No one is entitled to anything.
You don't need gateway for homebrew anymore
?
The only real downside of the sky3ds is the lack of eshop game support, like virtual console games but sky3ds is trying to find a fix with this.
They can't unless they hack some 9.x-CFW (when it has been released).
Anyone who recommends Gateway for the N3DS over sky3ds to friends who never hacked a thing in their life, then you are doing them a disfavour and will most likely brick/update their systemnand. When gateway was the only kid on the block, sure but now nope.
Why would I advertize piracy in the first place? Do what you have to do, but don't speak to anyone about it. It just makes it worse for everyone.

You don't have the skills to use something? Learn them. Use it afterwards.

Reactions: PyroGoat

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is possible to downgrade back to your backup via a NAND flash. Check here for more information on the NAND layout of your device.

Dragaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you hadn't formatted emuNand when you booted into gateway mode, it was using SYSNAND, which you updated then.

By formatted you mean that OP didn't set up emuNAND, right? I'm not sure if you have to format emuNAND (unlink sys/emu) after setting it up to ensure not updating sysNAND

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Avalynn can do NAND mods as well, just to name another. Anyhow, did your system settings say GW3D before you updated? Apparently there have been issues with people using larger SD cards entering system settings, and it not displaying GW3D..

joseph0042

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Avalynn can do NAND mods as well, just to name another. Anyhow, did your system settings say GW3D before you updated? Apparently there have been issues with people using larger SD cards entering system settings, and it not displaying GW3D..

Yeah. I'm using a 64gb mSD and GW doesnt show up under the system settings. I just make sysnand look different than emunand and always try to load up multi menu before doing anything though. I updated fine and sys transferred emunand to emunand.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He/She has somewhat decent soldering skills. I pointed him/her to the proper pinouts and programs needed. Hopefully he/she can resolve his/her issue.

bache

Trophies
XP
Country
He/She has somewhat decent soldering skills. I pointed him/her to the proper pinouts and programs needed. Hopefully he/she can resolve his/her issue.

Can you please post the pinouts? The last I heard, the pinouts for the N3DS on 3dbrew were incorrect.

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

This scares me I already accidentally updated my sysnand once but now I have two consoles that can be "gatewayed" but I can't get emunand to work either a black screen or I update and can't access any help would be appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anybody here?